There’s some kind of cosmic comic book universe balance in the unlikely notion that the same month that IDW announces a comic book version of Clue, Boom! announces a comic book version of Clueless — the Alicia Silverstone film which inspired an ABC (and then UPN) television series, which despite lasting only 3 seasons, does in fact loom pretty large on the mental landscape of how we remember the 1990s.
According to Vanity Fair — which seems to be covering a fair bit of comic book news of late, and that makes me wonder if they know that the original 1860s version of Vanity Fair was pretty important to the development of comic art in America, but never mind that now… anyway, according to Vanity Fair, Boom’s Clueless will be written by Amber Benson and Sarah Kuhn, and drawn by Siobhan Keenan.
Benson, of Buffy the Vampire Slayer fame, tells VF: “[Cher] is flawed and she fails, and instead of just quitting when she fails, she actually learns. Every person in Clueless—and in Emma—they have something to impart to her. The Tai character teaches Cher to relax; she learns to enjoy her life a little more. That’s a beautiful thing, and I think as a woman, you can identify with that—because we’re told to be perfect all the time, and to take somebody who looks perfect and has kind of a perfect life and go, “You know, I’m not perfect. I fail, I make mistakes, but I learn from them.”
- Bryan Cranston Is The Red Power Ranger? You’re Goddamn Right - March 21, 2017
- Stan Lee Unable To Appear At Salt Lake Comic Con #FanX17 For Health Reasons - March 17, 2017
- There Is No Spoon? Zak Penn Takes To Twitter To Talk Matrix, And Why Reboot/Remake Don’t Apply - March 17, 2017
- As If: Clueless Becomes A Comic Book By Amber Benson, Sarah Kuhn, And Siobhan Keenan From Boom! - March 16, 2017
- Transformers: The Last Knight Preview Takes A Cue From Logan’s X-23 And Puts A Spotlight On Izzy… And Tie Bombers? - March 16, 2017