Everyone’s favorite virtual card game, Gwent will now have its very own eSports League tournament called Gwent Challenger.
The tournament will pit the 4 best players from the community against professional gamers: Trump (Jeffrey Shih), Lifecoach (Adrian Koy), Noxious (Kacem Khilaji) and ppd (Peter Dager). Gwent Challenger finalists will compete for a total prize pool of $100,000.
“It’s a real privilege to observe how active Gwent players are in the realm of competitive gaming. Community-powered tournaments like The Passiflora Championship, The Seven Cats Brawl or The Gwentlemen’s Open are a source of inspiration for the entire team, and we definitely want this part of Gwent to grow,” said Paweł Burza, Community Manager at CD PRojekt Red.
So, players, it’s time to sharpen you skills and get ready to hit the tables because the qualifying rounds are starting. You can join up here.
Gwent: The Witcher Card Game was created because The Witcher community wanted it. Now we’re seeing more and more gamers wanting to play Gwent competitively, so here we are with a chance to play against some heavy-hitters, and a prize pool to spice things up,” said Marcin Iwiński, Co-founder of CD Projekt Red. “I can’t wait to see who wins!”
I wouldn’t be surprised to see this game become an official e-sport. It’s a game perfectly suited to competition and there’s enough of a player base to keep it going. It’s just going to be a matter of how successful this current challenge leauge is. But I’m expecting it to do well. After all, the game is still in beta.
- Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization Is Getting A Holy Trinity of DLC Next Month - April 25, 2017
- Dragon Quest Heroes II Might Just Be The Most Fun We’ve Had In Years - April 25, 2017
- What Does Remain Of Edith Finch? This Trailer - April 25, 2017
- Skyforge Lets You Become A Literal God And That’s Not Great - April 24, 2017
- Less Than 3 Days Left To Fund Sci-Fi RPG Kova - April 24, 2017