Casual Bit Games has launched their Kickstarter campaign for Battle Princess Madelyn, seeking a total of $60,000 CAD for the project. The game’s Pre-Alpha build is available to the public to test out before pledging. Which is pretty considerate considering investing in a Kickstarter project is a bit of a fiscal gamble for the average person.
Battle Princess Madelyn hopes to honor classic games like Ghouls N’ Ghosts and Wonder Boy 3: The Dragon’s Trap, but does have some unique features to go alongside that heap of nostalgia. The game’s story was written by a professional children’s author who also hand-drew artwork for the game. That’s pretty cute for an all-ages game title. Looking at the artwork and screenshots of Battle Princess Madelyn, it becomes obvious just how heavily influenced it is by Ghouls N’ Ghosts. Maybe it’s just because I played Ghouls N’ Ghosts at my last trip to an arcade bar, but, the resemblance is uncanny and entirely intentional. Now if only I could stop myself from typing Madelyn wrong every time, things would be great.
“After what seems like an eternity, we’re finally ready to show the world Battle Princess Madelyn! We’ve been hard at work over the last few months refining our Pre-Alpha build in order to let our fans sample our game before they pledge on our Kickstarter.” said Creative Director at Causal Bit Games, Christopher Obritsch. “We are also pleased to reveal that we have teamed up with Limited Run Games to offer some incredible physical rewards for supporting us on our crowdfunding journey and beyond. Play our Pre-Alpha and if you like it, please support our campaign!”
Battle Princess Madelyn boasts the following features, and I quote:
- Old-School gameplay and presentation
- A mixture of gameplay styles all merged to become one polished offering
- A soundtrack by John McCarthy of Nintendo Quest fame and “a true retro style FM/PCM arcade style soundtrack by the legendary Gryzor87”
- Utilization of the Unity engine giving incredible dynamic lighting effects
- Special (and secret) weapons for special occasions
- Ten levels, with up to five stages each, with some hidden for players to discover
- And “much, much more!”
You can check out the Battle Princess Madalyn Kickstarter page here. The Kickstarter video is below.
- Casual Bit Games Releases New Screenshots Of Battle Princess Madelyn
- 'Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap' To Receive A Physical Release
- Arc System Works Will be Patching Dragon Ball FighterZ’s Online Bugs - February 23, 2018
- More Details Emerge for the Western Release of Shining Resonance: Refrain - February 23, 2018
- Call of Duty: WWII’s Multiplayer Will Be Available for Free on PC This Weekend - February 23, 2018
- The Ghosts of Pharaohs Past Will Haunt You in Second AC: Origins DLC Expansion - February 23, 2018
- Metal Gear Survive’s Daily Challenge Missions Start Today - February 23, 2018