Well, that escalated quickly, In December it was selling on eBay for 99 cents. As of last night with the leak that the Russo Bros would be producing a Quantum & Woody TV series (and rampant speculation as to what that might mean for their involvement in the rest of the Valiant cinematic universe), people started upping their bids for the first issue of the Quantum & Woody series by Christopher Priest and MD Bright from 1997.
And top of the heap was this sale, $59.99 for a NM unslabbed copy, sold by user hwromance from Ceres, California.
I have been able to confirm that the print run for this comic was around 8,000. And for the variant painted cover, 4,000.
While the first print of the 2013 reboot of the series, has jumped to $6, with the promotional rare gold variant at $30.
And a retailer black and white stapled preview of what that 1997 series would look like, has sold for $50.
Everyone, it’s time to raid your back issues…
- A Drinking, Dancing Pig Explores His Weird World In ‘Hamfam’, Now On Kickstarter - August 19, 2017
- ‘Mech Cadet Yu’ By Greg Pak And Takeshi Miyazawa Will Be An Ongoing Series - August 19, 2017
- We Talk To The Supergirl Cosplayer “Along For The Ride” At The White Nationalist Rally In Charlottesville - August 19, 2017
- Writer’s Perspective: What I Learned From Creating ‘Robots Vs. Princesses’ - August 19, 2017
- Comic Store In Your Future: The Secret Empire Sales Drop - August 19, 2017