Well, that escalated quickly, In December it was selling on eBay for 99 cents. As of last night with the leak that the Russo Bros would be producing a Quantum & Woody TV series (and rampant speculation as to what that might mean for their involvement in the rest of the Valiant cinematic universe), people started upping their bids for the first issue of the Quantum & Woody series by Christopher Priest and MD Bright from 1997.
And top of the heap was this sale, $59.99 for a NM unslabbed copy, sold by user hwromance from Ceres, California.
I have been able to confirm that the print run for this comic was around 8,000. And for the variant painted cover, 4,000.
While the first print of the 2013 reboot of the series, has jumped to $6, with the promotional rare gold variant at $30.
And a retailer black and white stapled preview of what that 1997 series would look like, has sold for $50.
Everyone, it’s time to raid your back issues…
- Hunt for Suspected Murderer of Francis Manapul’s Sister-in-Law, Tess Richey, in Toronto - December 11, 2017
- Jeremy Bastian Gets Positively Biblical with Second Judas Variant Cover - December 11, 2017
- San Diego Comic-Con Settled with Mormon Church Companies 2 Years Ago - December 11, 2017
- Marvel Liquidates Almost Another 200 Graphic Novels and TPBs to Retailers – S to Z - December 11, 2017
- DC Comics Liquidates Another 300 Graphic Novels and TPBs to Retailers – Mostly Vertigo - December 11, 2017