Well, that escalated quickly, In December it was selling on eBay for 99 cents. As of last night with the leak that the Russo Bros would be producing a Quantum & Woody TV series (and rampant speculation as to what that might mean for their involvement in the rest of the Valiant cinematic universe), people started upping their bids for the first issue of the Quantum & Woody series by Christopher Priest and MD Bright from 1997.
And top of the heap was this sale, $59.99 for a NM unslabbed copy, sold by user hwromance from Ceres, California.
I have been able to confirm that the print run for this comic was around 8,000. And for the variant painted cover, 4,000.
While the first print of the 2013 reboot of the series, has jumped to $6, with the promotional rare gold variant at $30.
And a retailer black and white stapled preview of what that 1997 series would look like, has sold for $50.
Everyone, it’s time to raid your back issues…
- Rick Veitch’s Maximortal Sequel In Stock At Amazon Right Now - October 19, 2017
- Udon Puts Gisèle Lagacé And David Lumsdon’s Ménage À 3 Into Print In February 2018 - October 19, 2017
- 25 DC Variant Covers By Grampa, Sienkiewicz, Hitch, Lee And More For November Including Metal #4 - October 19, 2017
- Mighty Thor #700, One Of 7 Marvel Legacy Comics Going To Second Print - October 19, 2017
- Will You Have A New Year’s Eve Party, Or Wait For An Avengers #675 Party? - October 19, 2017