Earlier this week, Bleeding Cool asked the question: “will Marvel’s Champions punch Nazis in already-delayed Secret Empire tie-in, Secret Empire: Uprising?” For the next (probably five dollar) one-shot supplementing the super-mega-crossover event in June, Marvel isn’t leaving things up to the imagination. Revealed on Marvel media partner website IGN, Emma Frost will lead a team of X-Men against Hydra in Secret Empire: United. From Jim Zub and Ario Anindito (with a cover by Ryan Stegman), the book provides readers the first glimpse at Frosts’ post-IvX status quo, in which she will, apparently, be leading her own team of X-Men, attempting to start a rebellion against Hydra in a mutant-controlled area of the U.S. called New Tian.
Wow. Emma Frost used her mind control powers to start a major war based on a lie during IvX, and still ended up a freedom-fighting hero during the follow-up super-mega-crossover event? Magneto got a really raw deal.
“Secret Empire: United shows us both levels of Hydra’s orchestrated takeover; ground level conflict between ideologies and high level machinations by those in power,” Zub said of the one-shot. “It’s a super-powered thriller with twisted Avengers, X-Men, and Hydra all jockeying for their place in the new world that emerges from Secret Empire.”
Secret Empire: United hits stores in June. And on the cover: POW!
- Just Like Magik, Emma Frost Vanishes from Secret Empire Uprising #1
- Can There Be Any Doubt That Magneto Is Joining Hydra Now?
- Greg Pak And Corey Smith Experiment With Weapon H Ongoing From Marvel In March - November 21, 2017
- Marvel To Put Captain America Back In The Ice In February - November 21, 2017
- Over 1/3 Of All Donations To Trump Foundation In 2016 Came From Ike And Laura Perlmutter - November 21, 2017
- Knox County Mayoral Candidate Glenn Jacobs Takes More Time Off Campaign To Assault Braun Strowman - November 21, 2017
- Free Of Alberto El Patron, Paige Makes Big Impact On Return To WWE Raw - November 21, 2017