Impeller Studios announced the multiplayer debut of Starfighter Inc. today at PAX East. The game hails itself as a “hardcore space combat simulator set in the solar system 200 years in the future,” and is boasting full VR support for the big PvP reveal.
“We’ve shown that we know how to create an intense and immersive combat experience,” said Lead Designer David Wessman. “But we’re also passionate fans of the genre. We wanted to do something different with Starfighter Inc that makes it even more compelling. We want it to feel like the real deal – to make realistic space combat fun and believable. A cockpit sim utilizing both VR and PC is the perfect fit for our vision.” “With the incredible experience and talent of our team, we are thrilled to offer what we believe is the most exciting space combat game on the market to date.”
The game is launching its Kicksstarter campaign tomorrow and is currently being featured at the Kickstarter Games Castle in room 103 at PAX East.
“With a successful Kickstarter campaign, our team will be able to expedite the completion and release of the game and include some awesome features that we know our fans will love,” says Jack Mamais, Director. “We also value the opportunity to listen to our backers and answer their questions about the game. In the end, we are dedicated to providing the best possible experience for our players.”
VR PvP in a scifi game? I’ll be very surprised if this game doesn’t do well.
- BBC’s Top Gear Finally Gets A Mobile Game - May 24, 2017
- FFXIV’s New Screenshots Show Off Updates To Each Job And A 360 View Of Ala Mhigo - May 24, 2017
- Fallout 4 Is Free To Play This Weekend On Xbox One And Steam - May 24, 2017
- FFXV’s May Update Gives You Stinky Tofu And Wants To Know Which DLC You Want To See Next - May 24, 2017
- Far Cry 5’s Key Art Lacks Subtlety And Just Seems Lazy - May 24, 2017