Readers, how would you like a side of delicious corner box art with your meat and potatoes X-men relaunch?
Following up on February’s glorious tribute to the iconic “corner box” with a series of Joe Jusko variants covers, the corner box is making a full-on return in April! Well, except, it’s no longer a box, technically, per se. According to an EXCLUSIVE press release on mighty Marvel media partner website Comic Book Resources, artist Leonard Kirk has designed new corner art along with colorist Michael Garland, to fill the empty space created on the left side of the “X” that adorns each of the newly launching X-titles as part of Marvel’s ResurrXion promotional gimmick (or the right side, where appropriate). Previous ongoing titles such as Old Man Logan and All-New Wolverine also have the X added to their covers, along with corner art in said X. And as if all that weren’t enough, the corner art for each book will be blown up and offered as a variant cover version, which should help spike X-sales even higher.
CBR has EXCLUSIVE images of all the titles in a slideshow, which we’ve liberated and posted below, so you only have to put up with one page of Bleeding Cool’s intrusive advertising instead of seventeen pages of CBR’s. It’s unclear whether corner art will continue into May’s X-books and beyond.
- Report: In Better Booking Than WWE, Fate Of The Furious Producers Keep The Rock And Vin Diesel Apart On Press Tour - March 29, 2017
- More Shots Fired In Broken Trademark War Between Hardys And TNA As Matt And Jeff Hardy Reincarnate TNA Tag Titles - March 29, 2017
- Report: WWE Universal Champion Bill Goldberg Poops Twenty Times A Day - March 29, 2017
- Wreck-It Ralph To Break The Internet In Aptly Titled Sequel, Ralph Breaks The Internet, Coming March 2018 - March 29, 2017
- 3D, Shmee Dee, Justice League And Aquaman Are Coming To A Premium Virtual Reality Center Near You - March 29, 2017