Bleeding Cool has previously covered donations made by Marvel Chairman Ike Perlmutter to Donald Trump‘s Veterans charity to the tune of $1 million. And, with his wife Laura Perlmutter, to Marco Rubio‘s campaign ($2 million) and $449,400, the maximum allowed, to Trump’s Presidential Election campaign.
But it appears that Ike Perlmutter also donated $5 million, his largest sum yet, to the Great America PAC, during the final weeks of the Presidential campaign. Laura Perlmutter was on Trump’s Inauguration committee while Ike was appointed to Trump’s veteran affairs staff. They are all members of Trump’s Mar-a-Lago club in Palm Beach, Florida where the Perlmutters live.
Post-inauguration, that money is now being spent to put pressure on Democrats and Republicans who try to get in the way of the new president’s agenda and support his legislative plans.
The Washington Post quoted Ed Rollins, the PAC’s senior strategist that “the margins are such that, from time to time, you will have to put some pressure on members,” and that the PAC is “a tool that can go out and build support in the midterms and for his reelection” and “Suppose there’s a battle between him and [Speaker Paul] Ryan or someone else,” Rollins said. “We can go out there and do what’s in the best interest of Trump.”
As to Trump’s opinion of their work? “He loved my ads — he said he thought they were the best ads out there” Rollins said.
Here’s an example of where such money is going.
- Lying In The Gutters 30th April 2017 – I Like Big Bids And I Cannot Lie - April 30, 2017
- SCOOP: The Return Of The Elementals From Dynamite Entertainment - April 30, 2017
- Taking The Comics Out Of Comics - April 30, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 30th April 2017 “The X-Men Are Big Sellers And Marvel Seems To Have Suddenly Remembered That” - April 30, 2017
- Grief For A Dollar - April 30, 2017