Logan is in full swing taking chunks out of this box office over this past weekend, topping the $85 million mark in the US and another $152 million overseas. That comes out to $237 million on it’s first weekend against a budget of $100 million. Not bad for three and a half days so far. In the midst of the publicity rounds for Logan, 20th Century Fox reached out to nationally known cosplayer, Lonstermash, to bring him out to New York to interview none other than Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, and Boyd Holbrook.
As any good fan might, he jumped at the opportunity and headed from Los Angeles to the Big Apple to tape the interviews. The cast’s response is pretty fun, especially for Jackman, for whom it’s a rather meta experience.
In discussing his apparent winding down on his tenure in the role, Jackman commented:
It’s always with me. But I’ll miss it at times, I fell like I’m part of that family. This movie in a way is a love letter to the fans. It’s who I speak to. If not every day, then every other day of my life, because they never hold back. Never, ever. They tell me exactly how it is – even after the first X-Men Origins: Wolverine. They were like, “dude..”
It’s a very true statement that fans of comic films in particular are never the sort to have any lack of opinions when it comes to their particular fandom and of the actors who take up the mantles of their favorite characters. So give it a listen and check out Jackman’s feelings on having put his all into Logan in his own effort to leave on the best foot (or claw) possible for himself and for the fans.
You can see the rest of his interviews over on the Lonstermash Youtube Channel.
- Austin Powers’ Mini-Me, Verne Troyer, Dies at 49 - April 21, 2018
- I Feel Pretty Review: Well Intentioned but Not Well Thought Out - April 20, 2018
- J. Michael Straczynski Says With Current Warner Bros. Execs, Babylon 5 Never Going to Happen - April 20, 2018
- Rampage Composer Andrew Lockington on Scoring Monsters and The Rock - April 16, 2018
- Rampage Review: Identity Crisis Derails The Rock’s Fun - April 13, 2018