IDW Entertainment has announced that they will be developing Jonathan Kellerman’s best-selling Alex Delaware novels for television. The Alex Delaware series of novels started in 1985 and is the longest running contemporary crime series with over 80 million books in print with every book in the series getting into the Top 10 of the New York Times best-seller list with the most recent, Heartbreak Hotel, rated #1.
The character of Alex Delaware is a forensic psychologist who works with the LAPD to assist in solving murder cases. His partner in crime, Milo Sturgis, is a gay homicide detective. Mainstream critics and the LGBT community have praised the series for creating realistic and developed characters.
According to Jonathan Kellerman, “What sets the Delaware series apart is the meld of page-turning compelling crime stories with authentic psychological insights. The books illuminate the whydunit without sacrificing the whodunit.”
The Delaware series is being developed for a straight-to-series run. IDW Entertainment controls the worldwide rights to this crime procedural. Jonathan Kellerman, David Salzman and Adam Salzman, and Ted Adams and David Ozer from IDW Entertainment, will serve as Executive Producers.
- iZombie Season 4: Did the Writers Name Liv’s New Love Interest Based on This Ship Name? - March 23, 2018
- Luke Cage’s Mike Colter to Appear on The Good Fight Season 2 - March 23, 2018
- Gifted Season 2: Amy Acker Wants to Get Out of the Mom Realm - March 23, 2018
- Lucifer Season 3: Mazikeen Really Wants to Go Back to Hell - March 23, 2018
- Writer’s Commentary: Jeremy Whitley on Vampirella #11 - March 23, 2018