As part of EA/Origin Early Access, members will get to play parts of Mass Effect: Andromeda starting March 16th. During the 10 hour trial, you’ll have gated access to the game, so you can play some of the single player campaign on one of the many worlds in Andromeda, but you will run out of content before your 10 hours is up. Sure, you can replay it if you like, but in addition to the single player campaign you will also have access to the multiplayer.
According to producer Fernando Melo, during the multiplayer you will be able to undertake multiplayer “missions,” which are “your link between multiplayer and single player,” and you can receive rewards in both single player and multiplayer modes by completing the missions.
You can also send your teammates on AI strike teams, but the rewards they bring back will only go into effect for the single player campaign mode.
While answering questions from fans on twitter, Melo also relayed that there will not be micro-transactions in the single player. But that does mean there could be micro-transactions in other game modes.
Melo’s also been revealing small tidbits of the multiplayer system on twitter, in what he’s been calling MP Christmas.
Mass Effect: Andromeda is scheduled for release on March 21st in North America, and on the 23rd worldwide. You can check out the latest video in the gameplay series below. The two previous installments introduced us to combat and combat profiles.
- Kabam Talks About The Marvel Contest of Champions Kerfuffle - March 24, 2017
- Warframe Wants You To Make Some Sick Beats With The New Octavia’s Anthem Update - March 24, 2017
- Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Teams Up With Tactics In The Latest Crossover Event - March 24, 2017
- The World Of Final Fantasy Update Notes Got A Bit Sassy With Us Recently - March 24, 2017
- Dark Souls III’s Final DLC The Ringed City Launches Today - March 24, 2017