Welcome to This Day in Pop Culture History, a daily look at important events, birthdays, and other oddities in pop culture! History is important, and we aim to educate here at Bleeding Cool, so without further ado, here are some things that have happened on March 6:
1836- The Battle of The Alamo ends.
1943- The residents of Hanford, Washington are told they have 30 days to vacate the area. The US government bought the land to build a facility to develop and produce the first atomic bomb.
1981- Walter Cronkite signs off for the last time.
1992- The Michelangelo computer virus spreads around.
2001- Napster begins complying with a federal order to block transfers of copyrighted material using its software.
Today in gaming, the world was introduced to Pokemon Black and White in 2011. Did you try to catch them all Maddie Ricchiuto?
Pokemon Black and White, the point Nnintendo ran out of color schemes. If only the games were in monochrome.
Today in Bleeding Cool history, in 2011 Rich Johnston gave us the gift of an unpublished interview with Will Eisner.
Today’s Birthdays include Lou Costello actor (1906, Will Eisner cartoonist (1917), Gabriel Garcia Marquez author (1927), David Gimour musician (1946), Rob Reiner actor/director (1947), Tom Arnold actor (1959), Connie Britton actress (1967), Moira Kelly actress (1968), Shaquille O’Neal athlete/musician (1972)
Quite a few notable deaths happened today as well, as Davy Crockett (1836), Louisa May Alcott (1888), Pearl S. Buck (1973), Mary Petty (1976), Ayn Rand (1982), Georgia O’Keeffe (1986), and Kirby Puckett (2006) are among those passed.
On what would have been his 100th birthday, let’s end today celebrating the life of, in my opinion, the greatest of all-time, Will Eisner.
- The Top 5 NBA Teams Barack Obama Should Join As An Owner - June 22, 2017
- Today In Pop Culture For June 22: Hollow Nickels, War For Cybertron, Trump Sells Raw, Roger Rabbit, And Happy Birthday Meryl! - June 22, 2017
- World War Z 2 Gets A Director, And It Is David Fincher - June 22, 2017
- Funko SDCC Exclusives Wave 8- All The Disney You Can Handle - June 21, 2017
- Today In Pop Culture For June 21: The Rocketeer, Pelé, Prince William, Edge, And More! - June 21, 2017