The Rogue Initiative is debuting the trailer for their VR experience Crowe: The Drowned Armory at GDC this week. The game will be the second installment in the Crowe franchise – the first game released just last year.
Players will be taking on the role of a young villager named Crowe who has to solve puzzles, combat an alien onslaught, and uncover secrets of an ancient temple. If Sci-Fi/Fantasy fusions had a cookie-cutter template, this would probably be close to one since the whole “save the world from an alien invasion” thing is pretty much prototypical Sci-Fi while the puzzles and ancient temple bits are common Fantasy fodder.
All snarking aside, this game looks absolutely stunning and sounds like something that would appeal to a wide-ranging audience, which is smart for a VR title. Not everyone’s on board with VR, so any company would want to cast as wide a net as they could. And it seems like the Rogue Initiative has that down.
The press release sent out with the trailer boasts that the game “will feature a beautifully designed environment where sci-fi and fantasy come together in an episodic release featuring cinematic, story, and arcade-style survival modes.” So we can expect to receive The Drowned Armory in small chunks not unlike Life is Strange. Gotta admit, I’m liking this episodic trend.
You can find out more about the Crowe series on the Rogue Initiative site. Folks at GDC can check out the trailer live at the Minkonet booth (South Hall 1142).
- Final Fantasy XIV and Final Fantasy XV are Hosting a Crossover - December 12, 2018
- Amy Hennig to Receive Life Achievement Award at GDC 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Fallout 76 Now Under Fire for Lazy Ultrawide Mode Update - December 12, 2018
- Wintersday Festival Kicks Off in Guild Wars 2 Today - December 12, 2018
- Final Fantasy XV’s Comrades Mode Goes Solo Today - December 12, 2018