So, you think you’re a good cosplayer? Do you keep sending your legions of social media followers off to beg to have you be a guest at a local convention? Do you want an opportunity to expand on your resume and showcase your costuming and fabrication skills? It would seem that Syfy is giving more cosplayers a chance to prove that there’s more skills out there than tossing on a shaded bodysuit. Syfy’s new competition series, Cosplay Melee, is already calling for more participants even ahead of the March 21st series premiere.
Hosted by actress and self-described “super fan girl” Yvette Nicole Brown (Community), the series is produced by Lip Sync Battle and Wreck Room creators Jay Peterson and Todd Lubin. Sitting as judge and jury over the cosplayers will be cosplayer LeeAnna Vamp and industry costumer Christian Beckman (Hunger Games, TRON: Legacy).
The casting company Pitman Casting has put a show application form online (the link is at the end of the article). There’s a few things to keep in mind before jumping over to fill out the form on your way to fame and fortune:
You have to be at least 18 before March 10th of this year.
You have to submit at least 6 photos which are costume designs for which the applicant has to be solely or primarily responsible.
The application isn’t clear if this means the costumes must be original designs, or just that you were the costume creator but it doesn’t need to be an original character.
It does ask if the applicant has posed nude or appeared semi-nude in public.
This is another interesting one, not sure if it means that they don’t want any prior nude models, and what they mean by semi-nude is also rather vague.
Think you’ve got what it takes? Here’s the link to their form.
- Bill Reviews ‘Life’: Ryan Reynolds And Jake Gyllenhaal Star In An Alien For Beginners - March 23, 2017
- First Look Red Band Trailer for Woody Harrelson Murder Drama ‘Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri’ - March 23, 2017
- The Gong Has Finally Rung Host Chuck Barris Off The Stage, Dies at 87 - March 22, 2017
- Review: Syfy’s Pilot Episode Of Cosplay Melee – Finally A Series That Does Justice For Cosplay - March 21, 2017
- Geek-Culture Focused App ‘Cosmunity’ Has Launched On Mobile, Will Anyone Notice - March 14, 2017