If you’re one of the people playing Overwatch on PS4 (like I am), then you may have noticed the latest 2.05 patch really screwed up Capture The Flag. The game has become buggy and prone to lag, freezing and crashing, even in high speeds. And don’t get me started on the invisibility bug that has become the stuff of immediate legend in the voice chat and Reddit forums. Well, turns out Blizzard knows about it and the only way to fix it is to remove it altogether.
Jeff Kaplan, the game’s director, went online to address the issue in their forums, saying “CTF is down on PS4 only in the arcade. It’s still available in Custom Game. We are working on a fix right now and hope to have it corrected in the next few days. Apologies.”
It’s really weird that Blizzard would allow the game mode to be filled with so many bugs before they officially put out the patch, but there it is. Right now the game is being taken offline in Arcade mode and is not accessible. Hopefully, the new patch will take care of the issues, and maybe put a little bit of finesse on what already played like a clunky addition to the game. For those of you on PC and XB1 who have no clue what this looks like, enjoy the video below!
Haven’t had your fill of Overwatch yet today? Check out some news from the last few days including speculation on who the new character will be, watch the Overwatch Goldeneye mashup video, or take a look at what we know about Efi Oladele.
- West of Loathing Is Coming to Nintendo Switch Next Week - May 21, 2018
- Call of Duty VP Addresses Fan Criticism Over Black Ops 4’s Non-Campaign - May 21, 2018
- Pokémon GO Will Be Introducing Alolan Variants Soon - May 21, 2018
- Bandai Namco Reveals When 2 Dragon Ball FighterZ Characters Will Drop - May 21, 2018
- Epic Games is Fronting $100 Million in Prize Pool Money for Fortnite Esports Tournaments - May 21, 2018