Kim Newman is an English journalist, film critic, and fiction writer. I usually see him at press screenings and events. Indeed I once even found him in a selfie I took of myself in a cinema seat. He gets everywhere.
Look, he’s even taken his hat off.
Well, on the evening of March 23rd, he will be at London’s suitably theatric Phoenix Artist’s Club to sign his very first comic book, Anno Dracula, drawn by Paul McCaffrey, published by Titan Comics, which he had adapted himself from his own novels.
Guests will receive an exclusive signed variant of Anno Dracula #1, created just for the event by Ben Oliver. For more information on how to attend, click here.
But first, we have lettered pages from the first issue below.
The Anno Dracula series depict an alternate 19th-century history where the characters of Bram Stoker’s Dracula fail to prevent Count Dracula’s subjugation of Great Britain, creating a world where vampires are living amongst humans and a central part of society.
COVER A: PAUL MCCAFFREY (Order code: JAN171977)
COVER B: TOM MANDRAKE (Order code: JAN171978)
COVER C: BRIAN WILLIAMSON (Order code: JAN171979)
COVER D: JEFF ZORNOW (Order code: JAN171980)
COVER E: MIKE COLLINS (Order code: JAN171981)
COVER: BEN OLIVER (FORBIDDEN PLANET / JETPACK COMICS VARIANT)
COVER: BEN OLIVER (“PHOENIX EVENT EXCLUSIVE” VARIANT)
- James Bond and Stranger Things on Cover of Next Week’s Diamond Previews - June 20, 2018
- Comic Book Folk Raise Money to Help Leah Moore and John Reppion - June 20, 2018
- The Finest Comic Book Ever Published Is Back in Print: Shane Simmons’s Longshot Comics - June 19, 2018
- Donny Cates Introduces Juggerduck to Cosmic Ghost Rider – #WhoGetsWarped? - June 19, 2018
- Ryan Sands, Star of Runaways TV Series, Now Draws for the Runaways Comic - June 19, 2018