Ubisoft has announced that Massive Entertainment, the developer of The Division, will be working on a game adaptation of Jame’s Cameron’s Avatar.
The game got a rather fancy announcement trailer and will be headed to PC and consoles, though no release date is given yet. Most details are rather sketchy, given it’s just an announcement of the IP.
Ubisoft released a statement alongside the video saying the game “will continue to expand and deepen in the Avatar universe in exciting and innovative ways along with the films.”
According to IGN, James Cameron gave the following statement in a video accompanying the announcement – “With the power of Massive’s Snowdrop game engine and the team’s passion and obsessive focus on detail, we know they’re the right group to bring the beauty and danger of Pandora to life.”
ETA: Now that I’ve had a few hours to let this sit in my brain, I still can’t get past my knee-jerk reaction of “why?” about this one. Then again, I am exactly the wrong person to market this to. I did not really like the movie and have zero interest in running around Pandora as a Na’vi.
Because I already play as a Miqo’te in FFXIV and that pretty much covers my need to play a game as a cat-person.
But if you liked Avatar, getting to run around in a Ubisoft platformer or open world would probably be pretty fun. Then again, I don’t know many people who did like Avatar. Thus my problem remains. “Why?”
- The Recycled Console As Switch Dock Fad Continues - June 24, 2017
- Binding Of Isaac Afterbirth + Is Getting A PS4 Release - June 24, 2017
- Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice Gives Us A Glimpse Of Hela - June 24, 2017
- Master X Master Has Several Launch Videos For You - June 24, 2017
- ‘White Day: A Labyrinth Named School’ Is Getting A Steam Release - June 24, 2017