Ubisoft has announced that Massive Entertainment, the developer of The Division, will be working on a game adaptation of Jame’s Cameron’s Avatar.
The game got a rather fancy announcement trailer and will be headed to PC and consoles, though no release date is given yet. Most details are rather sketchy, given it’s just an announcement of the IP.
Ubisoft released a statement alongside the video saying the game “will continue to expand and deepen in the Avatar universe in exciting and innovative ways along with the films.”
According to IGN, James Cameron gave the following statement in a video accompanying the announcement – “With the power of Massive’s Snowdrop game engine and the team’s passion and obsessive focus on detail, we know they’re the right group to bring the beauty and danger of Pandora to life.”
ETA: Now that I’ve had a few hours to let this sit in my brain, I still can’t get past my knee-jerk reaction of “why?” about this one. Then again, I am exactly the wrong person to market this to. I did not really like the movie and have zero interest in running around Pandora as a Na’vi.
Because I already play as a Miqo’te in FFXIV and that pretty much covers my need to play a game as a cat-person.
But if you liked Avatar, getting to run around in a Ubisoft platformer or open world would probably be pretty fun. Then again, I don’t know many people who did like Avatar. Thus my problem remains. “Why?”
- Bungie Admits to Throttling Destiny 2 Faction Rally Tokens - January 18, 2018
- Red Faction: Guerrilla Could Be Releasing on Xbox One and PS4 - January 18, 2018
- Snapchat Parent Company Lays off 22 Workers as Part of Reorganization Plan - January 18, 2018
- Go Behind the Scenes of Underworld Ascendant in Latest Trailer - January 17, 2018
- Wizards of the Coast Have Plumbed the Depths of MTG Arena’s Economy - January 17, 2018