Ubisoft has announced that Massive Entertainment, the developer of The Division, will be working on a game adaptation of Jame’s Cameron’s Avatar.
The game got a rather fancy announcement trailer and will be headed to PC and consoles, though no release date is given yet. Most details are rather sketchy, given it’s just an announcement of the IP.
Ubisoft released a statement alongside the video saying the game “will continue to expand and deepen in the Avatar universe in exciting and innovative ways along with the films.”
According to IGN, James Cameron gave the following statement in a video accompanying the announcement – “With the power of Massive’s Snowdrop game engine and the team’s passion and obsessive focus on detail, we know they’re the right group to bring the beauty and danger of Pandora to life.”
ETA: Now that I’ve had a few hours to let this sit in my brain, I still can’t get past my knee-jerk reaction of “why?” about this one. Then again, I am exactly the wrong person to market this to. I did not really like the movie and have zero interest in running around Pandora as a Na’vi.
Because I already play as a Miqo’te in FFXIV and that pretty much covers my need to play a game as a cat-person.
But if you liked Avatar, getting to run around in a Ubisoft platformer or open world would probably be pretty fun. Then again, I don’t know many people who did like Avatar. Thus my problem remains. “Why?”
- World Of Tanks Has Created A New Genre Of Metal - August 16, 2017
- Digital Sales Of ‘The Town Of Light’ Are Being Donated To Mental Health Awareness - August 16, 2017
- F1 2017 Boasts An Expanded Career Mode And A Championship Feature - August 16, 2017
- Prey Now Comes In A Trial Version - August 16, 2017
- Decepticon Shockwave Joins Transformers: Forged To Fight - August 10, 2017