Ubisoft has announced that Massive Entertainment, the developer of The Division, will be working on a game adaptation of Jame’s Cameron’s Avatar.
The game got a rather fancy announcement trailer and will be headed to PC and consoles, though no release date is given yet. Most details are rather sketchy, given it’s just an announcement of the IP.
Ubisoft released a statement alongside the video saying the game “will continue to expand and deepen in the Avatar universe in exciting and innovative ways along with the films.”
According to IGN, James Cameron gave the following statement in a video accompanying the announcement – “With the power of Massive’s Snowdrop game engine and the team’s passion and obsessive focus on detail, we know they’re the right group to bring the beauty and danger of Pandora to life.”
ETA: Now that I’ve had a few hours to let this sit in my brain, I still can’t get past my knee-jerk reaction of “why?” about this one. Then again, I am exactly the wrong person to market this to. I did not really like the movie and have zero interest in running around Pandora as a Na’vi.
Because I already play as a Miqo’te in FFXIV and that pretty much covers my need to play a game as a cat-person.
But if you liked Avatar, getting to run around in a Ubisoft platformer or open world would probably be pretty fun. Then again, I don’t know many people who did like Avatar. Thus my problem remains. “Why?”
- The CWL Seattle Loser’s Bracket is where the Real Action is on Day 3 - April 22, 2018
- Need Spare Parts for your Nintendo Labo? Templates are Now Available - April 22, 2018
- eUnited Shut Out Ghost Gaming to Advance to the CWL Seattle Finals - April 22, 2018
- God of War’s Steelbook Runes have Been Deciphered - April 22, 2018
- EvilGeniuses Knocks out Echo Fox to Advance to the CWL Seattle Finals - April 22, 2018