Every so often, comic book publishers send out previews of upcoming comics without any of the lettering finished. The result, while pretty to look at, leaves readers wondering just what the hell is going on in those pages. Well, wonder no more.
Here at Bleeding Cool, we have combined decades of experience in reading comic books, so we can tell what’s happening, even without the words. Using that knowledge, we’ve lettered these previews ourselves, using our best guess at what the dialog should actually be. We can’t guarantee 100% accuracy- in fact, our accuracy may be much lower than that – but we can guarantee that it’s better than looking at a bunch of unfinished pages.
In this issue of Improbable Previews, we apply Stan Lee’s mighty Marvel method to pages from Deadpool: Bad Blood, the upcoming original graphic novel from Chad Bowers, Chris Sims, and superstar artist Sir Robert Liefeld. Will Liefeld keep his 2015 promise to not undo Shatterstar’s sexuality in the midst of Marvel’s “meat and potatoes” relaunch! You’ll have to wait until May 17 to find out what happens in this highly anticipated OGN, but until then, here’s a few preview pages from Deadpool: Bad Blood pilfered from a ComicBook.com interview.
- Jean Grey Gets Weird With Nightcrawler in X-Men Red #9 Preview - October 19, 2018
- Would Thor Make a Good Loki? A Preview of What If? Thor #1 - October 19, 2018
- Improbable Previews: An HR Violation for the Mutant Liberation Front in Uncanny X-Men #1 - October 19, 2018
- Does Logan Make a Promise He Can’t Keep in Return of Wolverine #2? (Preview) - October 19, 2018
- Skottie Young Plays the High-Stakes Game of Footsie with Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant - October 19, 2018