Every so often, comic book publishers send out previews of upcoming comics without any of the lettering finished. The result, while pretty to look at, leaves readers wondering just what the hell is going on in those pages. Well, wonder no more.
Here at Bleeding Cool, we have combined decades of experience in reading comic books, so we can tell what’s happening, even without the words. Using that knowledge, we’ve lettered these previews ourselves, using our best guess at what the dialog should actually be. We can’t guarantee 100% accuracy- in fact, our accuracy may be much lower than that – but we can guarantee that it’s better than looking at a bunch of unfinished pages.
In this issue of Improbable Previews, we apply Stan Lee’s mighty Marvel method to pages from Deadpool: Bad Blood, the upcoming original graphic novel from Chad Bowers, Chris Sims, and superstar artist Sir Robert Liefeld. Will Liefeld keep his 2015 promise to not undo Shatterstar’s sexuality in the midst of Marvel’s “meat and potatoes” relaunch! You’ll have to wait until May 17 to find out what happens in this highly anticipated OGN, but until then, here’s a few preview pages from Deadpool: Bad Blood pilfered from a ComicBook.com interview.
- First Look at John Allison and Christine Larsen’s By Night #2 - June 25, 2018
- Will Batman and Catwoman Really Get Married Next Week? [Poll] - June 25, 2018
- BC Mailbag: Jason Aaron’s Thor, John Cena’s Vasectomy, And Zack Snyder’s Cut of Justice League - June 24, 2018
- David Lynch on Donald Trump: “He Could Go Down as One of the Greatest Presidents in History” - June 24, 2018
- Guardians of the Galaxy Director Vows to Resist Donald Trump Until His “Corrupt, Lying @#$ is Gone” - June 24, 2018