The universe of Total War: Warhammer is about to get a major upgrade as Creative Assembly releases “Bretonnia” today as a free DLC, which includes “an eighth playable race of chivalric knights and filthy peasants.” It’s the culmination of several DLC releases that have made the game constantly challenging for players, whether they’ve beaten the game or not. The company sent out a press release this morning talking about the latest addition.
“We’re rounding off part one with a bang, not a wimple, and it’s a big thank-you to our players”, said Rob Bartholomew, Brand Director. “The strength of our DLC sales means we can put more into our free content releases. Not only that, we can have faith in upping our content plans for the next two games. We want to make the most incredible fantasy trilogy possible. And with Bretonnia, we’re bringing our time in the Old World to a close. Production on the sequel to TW: Warhammer has been underway for some time already and is now a key focus for the studio. It’s time to travel to new lands and discover new races.”
Along with this DLC, the company is also releasing Total War: WARHAMMER – Old World Edition, a new version of the game that includes the original game, the new “Bretonnia” DLC and an exclusive novella for the story. So right now is a really awesome time to be a Warhammer fan because the company is basically giving away the equivalent of a second and third game’s worth of content totally free.
- 'Total War: Warhammer II' Gets A Release Date Before E3
- What’s In The Box?!: Loot Crate DX – May 2018 - May 23, 2018
- Nintendo is Now Selling Dockless Switch Consoles in Japan - May 23, 2018
- This Board Needs Decoration: We Review Wizkids’ Pools & Pillars Set - May 23, 2018
- TT Games is Teasing That Something LEGO DC Comics is On The Way - May 23, 2018
- You Can Now Play Rocketeer in Fortnite as the Jetpack Has Arrived - May 23, 2018