Even though we all knew this was coming thanks to a retailer leak, Shadow of Mordor will definitely be getting a sequel called Middle-earth: Shadow of War. The game got its official confirmation this morning following the leak, in an attempt to control the PR disaster that is inevitable following that kind of thing.
According to the official press release, “Middle-earth: Shadow of War features an original story with the return of Talion and Celebrimbor, who must go behind enemy lines to forge an army and turn all of Mordor against the Dark Lord, Sauron.” Shadow of War will take the customization from the first game and expand it, alongside giving you a new ring of power and letting you fight Sauron and the Nazgul just like you always wanted. “Following the amazing reception to Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, we massively expanded every dimension of the game, including the world, the story, the RPG systems, the core gameplay and of course the personal player stories of the Nemesis System,” said Michael de Plater, the Vice President of Monolith Productions.
The game is being built on the expanded nemesis system and will be available on Xbox One, Xbox Project Scorpio, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Pro, and PC. It will be part of the Xbox Anywhere system as well, allowing Microsoft users to play it on their Xbox and PC. Shadow of War is slated for release on August 22, 2017.
Alongside the announcement comes a trailer for the game, which looks pretty darn fun if I’m honest.
- Echo Combat Brings VR Shooter Combat to Zero Gravity - June 18, 2018
- Dead or Alive 6 Is Downright Enjoyable and Less Sexualized - June 18, 2018
- Battlefield V’s Grand Operations Feel Like Really Long Squad Mode Battle Royale Matches - June 18, 2018
- Pokémon Go is Getting a Friends List, Trading, and Gifting - June 18, 2018
- FromSoftware’s Action Adventure Sekiro is Still Early in Development - June 18, 2018