Fortitude, the arctic noir drama series was without a U.S. home for a while after Pivot folded. But Amazon has stepped in and picked up the series for a 10-episode second season as it adds Dennis Quaid to the cast.
The series tells of a small, isolated community going through change and upheaval due to parasite and pathogen activity. The sheriff shoots the woman he loves, and then guilt-ridden, he runs off into the woods where he is presumed to have died. Another body turns up and while what is left of the law enforcement tries to solve the horrific crime, the sheriff returns in a state of feral insanity. And the story goes from there.
Quaid joins a cast that includes Richard Dormer, Sofie Gråbøl, and Luke Treadaway along with other newcomers like Parminder Nagra, Michelle Fairley, Robert Sheehan, and Ken Stott.
Fortitude was created by Simon Donald and is Sky Atlantic’s most successful returning drama series. Amazon is streaming season one now.
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 1, Episode 6 Recap: Suckas Need Bodyguards - June 17, 2018
- Stephen Amell Tells Arrow Writers to Write Like There’s No Tomorrow - June 17, 2018
- Exclusive: First Look at Martin Morazzo’s Cover for She Could Fly #3 - June 17, 2018
- Seth MacFarlane is Embarrassed to Work for Fox After Tucker Carlson Comment - June 17, 2018
- Jack Ryan Co-Creator Carlton Cuse Calls the Deep State Theory “Ridiculous” - June 17, 2018