Fortitude, the arctic noir drama series was without a U.S. home for a while after Pivot folded. But Amazon has stepped in and picked up the series for a 10-episode second season as it adds Dennis Quaid to the cast.
The series tells of a small, isolated community going through change and upheaval due to parasite and pathogen activity. The sheriff shoots the woman he loves, and then guilt-ridden, he runs off into the woods where he is presumed to have died. Another body turns up and while what is left of the law enforcement tries to solve the horrific crime, the sheriff returns in a state of feral insanity. And the story goes from there.
Quaid joins a cast that includes Richard Dormer, Sofie Gråbøl, and Luke Treadaway along with other newcomers like Parminder Nagra, Michelle Fairley, Robert Sheehan, and Ken Stott.
Fortitude was created by Simon Donald and is Sky Atlantic’s most successful returning drama series. Amazon is streaming season one now.
- One More Thing: Questions About The Flash, Marvel’s Jessica Jones, and More - March 17, 2018
- Krypton Season 1: The Symbol You Know - March 17, 2018
- Martin Freeman Says Sherlock Isn’t Fun Anymore - March 17, 2018
- Black Lightning Season 1: What is the A.S.A. that Gambi was Talking About? - March 17, 2018
- Agents of SHIELD Season 5, Episode 13 Recap: Principia - March 17, 2018