Earlier this month, we reported on Ryan Murphy’s plans to make the next season of American Horror Story about a real life American horror story: the 2016 presidential election. That plan still stands, but Murphy clarified at the Publicists Guild Awards Luncheon that this doesn’t mean Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton will actually be characters on the show.
“The themes of American Horror Story have always been allegories,” Murphy said while collecting an award, according to IndieWire. “You will not see Trump and Clinton as characters on the show.”
Looks like fans hoping to escape from real life by immersing themselves in a fictional TV show about all the things happening in real life will need to settle for metaphorical terror. The seventh season of the popular horror anthology series will debut on September on FX.
- X-ual Healing: Man-Groot-Thing vs. Hulkverine in Weapon H #4 - June 23, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Milking the Hunt for Wolverine in Claws of a Killer #2 - June 23, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Peak Liefeld Era in Cable #158 - June 23, 2018
- X-ual Healing: The Ol’ Switcheroo in X-Men Gold #30 - June 23, 2018
- Since When Do Psycho Chicks Read Comics? A Pre-Order Preview of Betty & Veronica: Vixens #8 - June 23, 2018