Last season, Rip Hunter (Arthur Darvill) was the leader of the team on DC’s Legends of Tomorrow. He found a way to connect with everyone on the ship, most notably he helped Sara Lance (Caity Lotz) look at herself as more than just a killer. This season Rip has been missing for most of the season, forcing Sara into a leadership role and now that he’s back, he’s working with the bad guys. Last week they captured him and have him imprisoned on the Waverider, but if they can get him back to being the old Rip is still to be seen. And even if he does come back, will he ever be truly accepted by the Legends? Caity Lotz told EW.com:
In my head, Rip’s done a lot of things to Sara that she didn’t like and didn’t appreciate. She has a love-hate with him relationship already. She loves him, but she hates him and that’s kind of a hard thing to forgive. Sara’s not a saint.
Though the season has been running well without Rip (due to Darvill’s commitment to Broadchurch), the character is important to the series and I can’t see them leaving him as a bad guy forever. The team has seemed a bit rudderless without him and if he never returns to being a hero, then that’s a victory for the Legion of Doom and we can’t let that stand. But it’s nice to see them not just fixing his brain and moving forward without dealing with the ramifications either.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018