Bleeding Cool gets a lot of letters. Some asking me us to help a Nigerian prince. Others about Kelly, a stay at home mom, who makes $3000 a week by persuading other people to stay at home as well. Some are full of conspiracy, some of accusation and sometimes they just make me laugh out loud,
This was one of those.
Emanuel ben Avraham writes,
It’s finally gone beyond any measure of patience, and/or suspension of disbelief; in the latest issues of Batman and Super-Sons the writers would have us believe that Batman can get into Superman’s fortress as easy as you like it and disappear from said fortress while standing right beside Superman, without having Superman notice!! Not only that but Damian Wayne, that obnoxious waste of figurative air and literary talent, is portrayed as being all superior to Johnathan Kent… ’cause he’s Batman’s son. Enough!!
I am a diehard DC Comics fan, I have always been and will forever be. But the situation with Batman in particular, and the whole of the Bat-family, in general, is ridiculous. They are just gymnasts in pajamas, running around town with a couple of high-tech gadgets. The mere idea that they could pose any type of threat to someone such as Superman, or the Martian Manhunter, Aquaman or Wonder Woman, to name but a few is not only ludicrous, but it insults our intelligence as readers. It is the stuff of fanboy fantasies of the highest order written by and addressed to the worst kind of fans who bought into the hype not started by, but definitely cemented by Frank Miller in his horrendous Dark Knight Returns. And I for one have had enough!!
Anyone want to run the counter argument?
- Faeries Will Flood From The Faultlines From Midsummer’s Night - June 25, 2017
- Dan Schaffer And David Miller Bring Malefic To Devil’s Due For September 2017 Solicits - June 25, 2017
- Will We Discover The New Doctor Who Next Week? - June 25, 2017
- Adrian Ramos Launches No Room For Magic #1 In Keenspot’s September 2017 Solicits - June 25, 2017
- It’s Not San Andreas’ Fault, It’s The Monsters! Massimo Rosi And Gabriel Ibarra Nunez Launch Graveland #1 From Scout Comics In September 2017 Solicitations - June 25, 2017