Announced at ComicsPRO, Diamond announce that 2016 saw an increase in overall comics and graphic novel sales of 0.3% over 2015.
Which, yes, is pretty tiny, and a below-inflation increase. You can look to the fall of Hastings, the increase in Marvel’s discounts for promotional reasons, only one comic going through the direct market to Loot Crate, the introduction of DC’s reduced $2.99 price point and other explanations if you wish.
Because at the same time, Diamond increased the amount of comics they were sending out by a million, a total of 99 million comics shipped in 2016, over 1% increase in comics (though that includes Marvel’s overships), and an increase in 2.1% of graphic novels.
And while there is much concern about closing of comic stores right now, Diamond’s account numbers, the amount of people who order from Diamond, increased by 2.5%.
- Comichaus – The Streaming App For Discovering Indie Comics - May 27, 2017
- Deathstroke Vs. Jesus – Christopher Priest Writes About DC Comics, Censorship, Sex, Religion And Birth Control - May 27, 2017
- How Far Will Superhero Creamery & T-Shirt Design Go Over Trademarks Against DC Comics? - May 27, 2017
- Exclusive Preview Of Bill And Ted Saving The Universe… - May 27, 2017
- Those Funko Exclusives On The Floor Of MCM London Comic Con Spring 2017 – From Steve Trevor To Mace Windu… - May 27, 2017