Pro wrestling fans were excited to learn that Olympic gold medalist and wrestling legend Kurt Angle will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame this year, but it was a potentially bittersweet victory. There were concerns that Angle, whose body is held together with zip ties, bubble gum, and toothpicks, could have trouble getting approved to wrestle by WWE, who would find it highly embarrassing for Angle to paralyze or kill himself in the ring.
However, a new report in Dave Meltzer’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter claims that Angle will be doing “at least some wrestling,” provided he can pass the company’s physicals. The latter is no guarantee, of course, but it’s nice to know that WWE is willing to try. Meltzer, a promising young journalist building a decent track record of scoops who might one day have a reputation as stellar as our own Rich Johnston, is a pretty reliable source for this rumor, we suppose.
Angle’s Hall of Fame induction will take place on Wrestlemania weekend in April. If Angle is going to make an in-ring appearance at the big event, WWE will need to get something started soon. Otherwise, we can probably expect Angle’s return to the ring sometime later this year.
- Phoenix Comic Con Issues Statement With Details On Entry Procedures, Cosplay Weapon Ban In Wake Of Thursday Arrest - May 26, 2017
- Did Donald Trump’s Lawyers Threaten To Have Bloom County Creator’s “**** In A Sling” Over A Facebook Meme? - May 25, 2017
- #Dive: Former WWE Superstar Ryback Says Indie Guys Who Have Never Been In Fights Are Ruining Pro Wrestling - May 25, 2017
- Separated At Birth: Is That Dementors From Harry Potter In Marvel’s All-New Guardians Of The Galaxy #2? (SPOILERS) - May 25, 2017
- Report: Rosario Dawson In Negotiation To Play Dr. Cecilia Reyes In Fox’s New Mutants - May 25, 2017