Pro wrestling fans were excited to learn that Olympic gold medalist and wrestling legend Kurt Angle will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame this year, but it was a potentially bittersweet victory. There were concerns that Angle, whose body is held together with zip ties, bubble gum, and toothpicks, could have trouble getting approved to wrestle by WWE, who would find it highly embarrassing for Angle to paralyze or kill himself in the ring.
However, a new report in Dave Meltzer’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter claims that Angle will be doing “at least some wrestling,” provided he can pass the company’s physicals. The latter is no guarantee, of course, but it’s nice to know that WWE is willing to try. Meltzer, a promising young journalist building a decent track record of scoops who might one day have a reputation as stellar as our own Rich Johnston, is a pretty reliable source for this rumor, we suppose.
Angle’s Hall of Fame induction will take place on Wrestlemania weekend in April. If Angle is going to make an in-ring appearance at the big event, WWE will need to get something started soon. Otherwise, we can probably expect Angle’s return to the ring sometime later this year.
- Report: In Better Booking Than WWE, Fate Of The Furious Producers Keep The Rock And Vin Diesel Apart On Press Tour - March 29, 2017
- More Shots Fired In Broken Trademark War Between Hardys And TNA As Matt And Jeff Hardy Reincarnate TNA Tag Titles - March 29, 2017
- Report: WWE Universal Champion Bill Goldberg Poops Twenty Times A Day - March 29, 2017
- Wreck-It Ralph To Break The Internet In Aptly Titled Sequel, Ralph Breaks The Internet, Coming March 2018 - March 29, 2017
- 3D, Shmee Dee, Justice League And Aquaman Are Coming To A Premium Virtual Reality Center Near You - March 29, 2017