Pro wrestling fans were excited to learn that Olympic gold medalist and wrestling legend Kurt Angle will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame this year, but it was a potentially bittersweet victory. There were concerns that Angle, whose body is held together with zip ties, bubble gum, and toothpicks, could have trouble getting approved to wrestle by WWE, who would find it highly embarrassing for Angle to paralyze or kill himself in the ring.
However, a new report in Dave Meltzer’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter claims that Angle will be doing “at least some wrestling,” provided he can pass the company’s physicals. The latter is no guarantee, of course, but it’s nice to know that WWE is willing to try. Meltzer, a promising young journalist building a decent track record of scoops who might one day have a reputation as stellar as our own Rich Johnston, is a pretty reliable source for this rumor, we suppose.
Angle’s Hall of Fame induction will take place on Wrestlemania weekend in April. If Angle is going to make an in-ring appearance at the big event, WWE will need to get something started soon. Otherwise, we can probably expect Angle’s return to the ring sometime later this year.
- Kevin Feige, Who Has Made Fifteen Straight Movies Without A Female-Led One, Praises Marvel’s Female Characters - April 28, 2017
- Donald Trump Gives Trusted Advisor And Marvel Chairman Ike Perlmutter Pen After Signing New VA Bill - April 27, 2017
- Because U Demanded It: Great Outdoors Remake On The Way From Writer Of Scooby Doo Reboot And Kevin Hart - April 27, 2017
- Live The Rock Star Life Of A Comic Book Colorist With Marvel’s “Color Your Own” Adult Coloring App For iOS - April 27, 2017
- Come On Feel The #GLOW With The Latest Gorgeous Ladies Of Wrestling Teaser From Netflix - April 27, 2017