Pro wrestling fans were excited to learn that Olympic gold medalist and wrestling legend Kurt Angle will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame this year, but it was a potentially bittersweet victory. There were concerns that Angle, whose body is held together with zip ties, bubble gum, and toothpicks, could have trouble getting approved to wrestle by WWE, who would find it highly embarrassing for Angle to paralyze or kill himself in the ring.
However, a new report in Dave Meltzer’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter claims that Angle will be doing “at least some wrestling,” provided he can pass the company’s physicals. The latter is no guarantee, of course, but it’s nice to know that WWE is willing to try. Meltzer, a promising young journalist building a decent track record of scoops who might one day have a reputation as stellar as our own Rich Johnston, is a pretty reliable source for this rumor, we suppose.
Angle’s Hall of Fame induction will take place on Wrestlemania weekend in April. If Angle is going to make an in-ring appearance at the big event, WWE will need to get something started soon. Otherwise, we can probably expect Angle’s return to the ring sometime later this year.
- Welp, Suicide Squad Just Won An Oscar - February 26, 2017
- Roman Reigns And Batman Unbox February’s Comic Bento Graphic Novel Subscription Box - February 26, 2017
- New “Foot Claw” Logan TV Spot Is Probably Different Than The Hundreds Of Other Logan TV Spots You’ve Seen So Far - February 26, 2017
- Next Season Of American Horror Story Won’t Literally Feature Donald Trump Or Hillary Clinton - February 26, 2017
- Former WWE Superstar Bobby Lashley Praises WWE Hall of Famer Donald Trump Ahead Of Bellator 179 Fight - February 26, 2017