One of the East Coast’s biggest anime conventions–Katsucon–is this weekend. I’ve been going to the con for about 15 years now, and it’s been amazing to watch it grow. Now while I’m not cosplaying to this show, I still fondly recall the days of finishing my costumes at the last minute.
Fifteen years later and not much has changed. People are still finishing costumes last minute. I went to social media to ask my buddies how they were preparing for the con, and some of the answers may surprise you:
- Jesse F: Gym
- Jay B: Procrastinating.
- Leigh T: I’m practicing dances for the cosplay dance off. Not making a darn thing.
- Evan W: Procrastinating. And attempting to get stuff done.
- Anita R: Working on LoL cosplay and trying to not get sick.
- Scott L: Gym
- Linwood L: Gym and stressing over packing checklists.
- Jesse P: Feasting on the blood, sweat and tears that people shed in tribute to me.
- Lyn H: Dying in a pile of fabric.
- Alan P: Overthinking; stressing out; wishfully thinking I can find the right idea(s) beforehand.
- Lavendula Cosplay: NOT FUNNY.
I’m glad to see that the procrastination bug is still alive and well, and man am I glad I’m not stressing about a costume. Hope to see you this weekend at National Harbor!
- Katsucon is an annual 3-day fan convention held in the D.C. metro area for multicultural enthusiasts and entertainment. Katsucon is produced by Katsucon Entertainment, Inc. (KEI), an educational organization dedicated to bringing information about Japanese animation, society, and traditional and popular culture to fans everywhere.
- Katsucon 2017 will be held at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center in National Harbor, MD from February 17th-February 19th, 2017.
- Katsucon on FaceBook | Katsucon YouTube Channel | Katsucon Public Forums | Katsucon Twitter Feed | Katsucon Blog on Tumblr
Gaylord National Hotel and Convention Center
201 Waterfront Street
National Harbor, MD 20745
(301) 965-4000 – reservations
- Uniqlo’s Doraemon x Murakami Line is a Match Made in Kawaii Heaven - May 19, 2018
- ThinkGeek is Celebrating Geek Week All Week Long! - May 19, 2018
- Tranquil Ashes Cosplay Talks the Inspiration Behind This Fall’s CosGala Event in Baltimore - May 19, 2018
- Feeling the Deadpool Love? Check Out Hot Topic’s Buy 2, Get 1 Free on All Deadpool Items - May 19, 2018
- Adults Can Now Indulge in Character Makeover Packages at Disney World - May 14, 2018