One of the East Coast’s biggest anime conventions–Katsucon–is this weekend. I’ve been going to the con for about 15 years now, and it’s been amazing to watch it grow. Now while I’m not cosplaying to this show, I still fondly recall the days of finishing my costumes at the last minute.
Fifteen years later and not much has changed. People are still finishing costumes last minute. I went to social media to ask my buddies how they were preparing for the con, and some of the answers may surprise you:
- Jesse F: Gym
- Jay B: Procrastinating.
- Leigh T: I’m practicing dances for the cosplay dance off. Not making a darn thing.
- Evan W: Procrastinating. And attempting to get stuff done.
- Anita R: Working on LoL cosplay and trying to not get sick.
- Scott L: Gym
- Linwood L: Gym and stressing over packing checklists.
- Jesse P: Feasting on the blood, sweat and tears that people shed in tribute to me.
- Lyn H: Dying in a pile of fabric.
- Alan P: Overthinking; stressing out; wishfully thinking I can find the right idea(s) beforehand.
- Lavendula Cosplay: NOT FUNNY.
I’m glad to see that the procrastination bug is still alive and well, and man am I glad I’m not stressing about a costume. Hope to see you this weekend at National Harbor!
- Katsucon is an annual 3-day fan convention held in the D.C. metro area for multicultural enthusiasts and entertainment. Katsucon is produced by Katsucon Entertainment, Inc. (KEI), an educational organization dedicated to bringing information about Japanese animation, society, and traditional and popular culture to fans everywhere.
- Katsucon 2017 will be held at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center in National Harbor, MD from February 17th-February 19th, 2017.
- Katsucon on FaceBook | Katsucon YouTube Channel | Katsucon Public Forums | Katsucon Twitter Feed | Katsucon Blog on Tumblr
Gaylord National Hotel and Convention Center
201 Waterfront Street
National Harbor, MD 20745
(301) 965-4000 – reservations
- New Holiday Dress Makes Its Way To Disney’s Dress Shop On Black Friday - November 16, 2017
- Riverdale Season 2, Episode 6 Review: Chapter 19 – Deathproof - November 16, 2017
- Black Tap Craft Burgers & Beer Coming To Disneyland’s Downtown Disney In 2018 - November 15, 2017
- Lauren Looks Back: Tommy Wiseau’s Beautiful Train Wreck ‘The Room’ - November 15, 2017
- New Events And More Coming To Hong Kong Disneyland In 2018! - November 15, 2017