Deep Down has had a weird few years. Capcom debuted the game back in 2013 as an exclusive property on the then-brand-new PlayStation4. Since then, things have been quiety on the Deep Down front. Capcom trademarked the game’s title back in 2013 before revealing the game at a PlayStation meeting.
Then in 2015 producer Yoshinori Ono confirmed in an interview with 4Gamer (which was then picked up and translated by Siliconera) that the title was still in development, but will likely be vastly different from what they’d debuted:
“It looks like Deep Down will take just a little longer. It also looks like some people are starting to ask ‘did the development come to a halt?’ but it’s nothing like that. We’re thinking about showing something that looks completely different from what previously shown, although it might be a while from now.”
“The ideas we have for the game is much larger now compared to when we first announced it. Rather, the ideas we had before might not have been good enough.”
And now they’ve gone and trademarked it again. This find is courtesy of Gematsu:
Capcom filed a trademark for Deep Down in the U.S. again on February 9: https://t.co/W2vbCaN0UB
— Gematsu (@gematsucom) February 16, 2017
IGN seems to think that perhaps we’ll get some news about Deep Down at E3. But that information could come sooner or come at a different game show later in the year. We’ll just have to wait around and watch Capcom for news. My instinct is that we’ll hear sooner rather than later, as Marvel vs. Capcom 4 is slated for release this year and they’ve just opened the game up to Windows devices on Steam. So they’ll want to capitalize on that momentum, I think.
But I could be wrong.
Even though Deep Down probably looks very different now, the original announcement trailer is below.
- Capcom's End Of Year Results Are In And Resident Evil 7 And Monster Hunter Are To Blame For The Profits
- Destiny 2’s Social Space Will Open Today For One Hour Only - July 23, 2017
- You Can Stream Kirby’s 25th Anniversary Concert Right Now - July 23, 2017
- The Red Bull ‘Hearthstone’ College Clash Qualifiers Continue This Summer - July 23, 2017
- The Cosplay Highlights Of San Diego Comic Con Day 3 - July 23, 2017
- 132 More Photos Of Cosplay From San Diego Comic Con Day 2 - July 23, 2017