Linda McMahon was confirmed by the Senate as the head of President Donald Trump’s Small Business Administration yesterday. We’ll say that again, since it’s probably a hard sentence to process. Linda McMahon was confirmed by the Senate as the head of President Donald Trump’s Small Business Administration yesterday. To celebrate, former WWE CEO McMahon, her husband, WWE Chairman Vince McMahon, their children, Stephanie McMahon and Shane McMahon, and WWE exec, decorated pro wrestler, and husband-of-Stephanie Triple H visited the White House, along with all of their children. They posed for a photo with WWE Hall-of-Famer Donald Trump, and presented Trump with a photo of the president shaving Vince McMahon’s head at Wrestlemania 23.
We know you’re probably thinking about posting a witty response to all of this in the comments, but don’t bother. Dan McQuade has already made the best one:
“Stone Cold” Steve Austin has stunned 46 percent of the people in this photo, including the president. pic.twitter.com/GKkz0cjB5d
— Dan McQuade (@dhm) February 15, 2017
The White House wasn’t the only Washington location invaded by McMahons. Triple H and Stephanie also attended Linda McMahon’s hearing, where they received a round of applause when introduced.
A lot of Trump’s nominees faced some skepticism, even by some Republicans, and much of it well-deserved. McMahon, however, had the benefit of decades of wrestling fandom to bolster her chances. Senator Tim Scott of South Carolina, who described himself during the hearing as a lifelong wrestling fan, was so enamored with wrestling royalty that he gleefully tweeted about getting to question Linda McMahon:
— Tim Scott (@SenatorTimScott) January 24, 2017
While having close ties between The White House and World Wrestling Entertainment seems too bizarre to be true, it’s par for the course for the Trump administration. Trump’s secretary of the treasury, Stephen Mnuchin, is the executive producer of films such as Lego Batman and Suicide Squad, while Marvel Chairman Ike Perlmutter also serves as an advisor to the president, and was recently spotted taking a plane ride on Air Force One with his longtime friend.
But hey, at least The Donald will have a way out when all of this goes to hell eventually. After all, none of it was really his fault. He was answering to a higher power.
- Did WWE Chairman Vince McMahon Have Something To Do With Donald Trump Firing James Comey?
- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Elaborates On Politics, Presidential Run "A Real Possibility"
- Adventure Time Lives On Comic Form in First Look at Season 11 #2 - October 18, 2018
- It’s Time to Admit There Isn’t a Snyder Cut of Justice League… Because There’s 2 of Them - October 18, 2018
- Get Your First Look at The Great Wiz and the Ruckus Middle-Grade OGN - October 18, 2018
- Uncanny X-Men #1: A New Preview, and Writers’ Finals Words - October 18, 2018
- Earn Your Preview Badge With This First Look at Black Badge #4 - October 18, 2018