Video game ads have gotten a bit stagnant for the most part. Mostly just explosions and guns either set to fast paced action soundtracks, or melancholic, slowed down versions of popular songs. That is why it is always nice when a company puts the effort in to do something different. Of course, they are just commercials for products, but fun none the less.
The Halo Wars 2 ads are definitely some of the best examples in a while. Harken back to 2007 ad campaigns, this is a fun live-action set showing Atriox and Captain James Cutter going at it in rather mundane warfare. They are lighthearted, well done and fun, even if they don’t really say what the game is.
Take a look:
- Valve Say They Have Three Full VR Games In The Works - February 10, 2017
- Roadhog’s Hook Is Getting A Small Nerf And Winston Will Be Harder To Kill In New Overwatch PTR Patch - February 10, 2017
- Project Cars 2 Most Likely Won’t Be Coming To Nintendo Switch - February 10, 2017
- These Halo Wars 2 Adverts Harken Back To When Video Game Commercials Were Good Fun - February 9, 2017
- The Walking Dead: A New Frontier Is Coming To Retail Later This Month; Episode 3 Soon After - February 9, 2017