Comedy superstar Kate McKinnon has joined the cast of Netflix’s reboot of the popular 1990s PBS animated series Magic School Bus, about a schoolteacher, Ms. Frizzle, who takes her students on amazing adventures in the titular magic school bus. The show reminds us of our own magic school experiences in high school in the nineties, which involved a very similar concept, except with the addition of lots of ketamine. McKinnon will voice the sister of the original Ms. Frizzle, who was voiced by Lily Tomlin. There is no release date yet for The Magic School Bus Rides Again.
In addition to starring in 2016’s Ghostbusters: Answer The Call and on Saturday Night Live, McKinnon has done voice acting work in the past as well, for shows such as The Venture Bros. Magic School Bus is based on a book series by Joanna Cole and Bruce Degen. There’s no actual indication that The Magic School Bus Rides Again will be a “grim and gritty” reboot, but 99% of reboots are, so it’s a fair assumption.
- Mark Millar Announces New Kingsman Comic For September, Coinciding With Golden Circle Movie Release - April 25, 2017
- How Did Smackdown #1 Contender Jinder Mahal Get His Stunning Physique? Ryback Claims Secret Is In The ***s - April 25, 2017
- Once And Future Queen Issues #3-5 Canceled, TPB Will Still Be Released To Focus On Book Market - April 25, 2017
- Pandemonium: Vince McMahon Biopic From Sony Pictures Set To Make Roman Reigns Look Strong - April 25, 2017
- Batman, Superman, Bugs Bunny, Scooby Doo, Fred Flintstone To Crossover In Warner Bros’ Abu Dhabi Theme Park - April 25, 2017