Comedy superstar Kate McKinnon has joined the cast of Netflix’s reboot of the popular 1990s PBS animated series Magic School Bus, about a schoolteacher, Ms. Frizzle, who takes her students on amazing adventures in the titular magic school bus. The show reminds us of our own magic school experiences in high school in the nineties, which involved a very similar concept, except with the addition of lots of ketamine. McKinnon will voice the sister of the original Ms. Frizzle, who was voiced by Lily Tomlin. There is no release date yet for The Magic School Bus Rides Again.
In addition to starring in 2016’s Ghostbusters: Answer The Call and on Saturday Night Live, McKinnon has done voice acting work in the past as well, for shows such as The Venture Bros. Magic School Bus is based on a book series by Joanna Cole and Bruce Degen. There’s no actual indication that The Magic School Bus Rides Again will be a “grim and gritty” reboot, but 99% of reboots are, so it’s a fair assumption.
- Impact’s Ed Nordholm Goes Nuclear, Leaks Matt Hardy Contract, Communications; Reby Hardy Responds - May 23, 2017
- Styles, Nakamura, Ziggler, Corbin, Zayn… And Owens?! Are The Participants In WWE’s 2017 Money In The Bank Match - May 23, 2017
- Is WWE Smackdown Live Planning A Women’s Ladder Match For Money In The Bank? - May 23, 2017
- WWE’s Women’s Tournament To Be Called The Mae Young Classic - May 23, 2017
- Image Reveals Final Five Pride Month Variants, For A Full Set Of Eleven - May 23, 2017