Comedy superstar Kate McKinnon has joined the cast of Netflix’s reboot of the popular 1990s PBS animated series Magic School Bus, about a schoolteacher, Ms. Frizzle, who takes her students on amazing adventures in the titular magic school bus. The show reminds us of our own magic school experiences in high school in the nineties, which involved a very similar concept, except with the addition of lots of ketamine. McKinnon will voice the sister of the original Ms. Frizzle, who was voiced by Lily Tomlin. There is no release date yet for The Magic School Bus Rides Again.
In addition to starring in 2016’s Ghostbusters: Answer The Call and on Saturday Night Live, McKinnon has done voice acting work in the past as well, for shows such as The Venture Bros. Magic School Bus is based on a book series by Joanna Cole and Bruce Degen. There’s no actual indication that The Magic School Bus Rides Again will be a “grim and gritty” reboot, but 99% of reboots are, so it’s a fair assumption.
- Preview Black Mask’s Next Hit Comic, Beautiful Canvas, From Sami Kivela & Ryan K Lindsay, In Stores June 28th - June 24, 2017
- Preview Secret Weapons #1, X-O Manowar #4, In Stores Next Week From Valiant - June 24, 2017
- Get Ready For Titan’s Robotech With A Preview Of Robotech #1 Ahead Of Monday’s FOC, In Stores In July - June 24, 2017
- Dan Jurgens Throws Super-Shade On Marvel Legacy Over #ArtCred - June 23, 2017
- Ms Marvel Paired With Former Hydra Agent In New Marvel Legacy Teaser - June 23, 2017