One of our own is making us proud out on the front lines of the protest, currently taking place at the Baltimore/Washington International Airport. The protest is one of the many currently taking place around the country, pushing back on Mr. Trump’s executive order from Friday banning travelers arriving in from seven predominantly Muslim nations.
Her first image sent was of a handful of early arrivals waiting on the sidewalk for the start time of 5 p.m. EST. Speaking with Lauren via Messenger, we asked her if this was any different of a feeling with prior protests, and she said this was actually her first time joining in a protest effort. We asked her why she chose to join now?
It’s been clear that America is heading towards an identity crisis (actually we’re probably there already), and I knew that these protests are a piece of history in the making. With many Jewish friends, I felt strongly that I needed to be here and stand behind our Muslim friends. The phrase gets bantered around frequently, “Never Again”, and if we don’t have people standing up for what we believe in, then it will happen again.
Congressman John Sarbanes has also arrived and is speaking to the assembled.
Since then additional images have begun to appear on social media.The first is a currently live feed from the gathering:
— Baynard Woods (@baynardwoods) January 29, 2017
— Matt Purdy (@matthewpurdy) January 29, 2017
BWI protest https://t.co/fGLCj2wmT1
— ((((Jill)))) (@just_jill) January 29, 2017
— Amy Yensi WJZ (@AmyWJZ) January 29, 2017
- Footage Of Marvel’s Black Panther Movie Has The Women Front And Center - April 19, 2017
- Starz’s New Historical Drama The White Princess Is The Prequel For The Tudors - April 17, 2017
- Cosplay Roundup From Star Wars Celebration - April 16, 2017
- Daisy Ridley On Star Wars The Last Jedi Rough Cut Reactions: “It’s Different” - April 15, 2017
- First Look At Star Wars: The Last Jedi Merchandise From Disney At Celebration - April 14, 2017