I have to say, this was kinda ballsy of Marvel staffer. Not only did Joe Quesada, EIC of Marvel post a very honourific goodbye to President Obama at the same time President-Elect Trump was talking about Quesada’s boss Isaac Perlmutter and his work with the incoming government in veteran affairs…
…that after Trump announced that yes, after all, his business interests would be entering a trust run by his sons, Marvel publicised the latest in their Secret Empire teasers, the big Captain America event from Marvel in the Spring.
Rather well timed. Though it also fits with today’s Captain America comic in which it is revealed that Maria Hill, director of SHIELD is building a wall. And we learn more of Captain America’s revised history with Hydra.
The original Secret Empire story from the seventies saw the leader of the international criminal organisation revealed as the President of the USA, Richard Nixon, leaving Steve Rogers to resign from being Captain America.
It does, again, make us wonder where Marvel are going with this.
And has anyone told Ike?
- Fried Pie Covers – Nancy Drew And The Hardy Boys’ Man-Thing Of America - February 20, 2017
- Bill Willingham Clarifies New Fantasy Comic Tease From ComicsPRO - February 20, 2017
- Everything Else They Announced At ComicsPRO – From DC’s Jack Kirby Anniversaries To Titan’s Little Nightmares - February 20, 2017
- CALEXIT – What If California Seceded From The USA? Matteo Pizzolo And Amancay Nahuelpan Put The Politics Back Into Comics - February 20, 2017
- A Few More DC Comics Covers You May Or May Not Have Seen, From Sienkiewicz To Middleton To Lupacchino To Sale - February 20, 2017