Growing up, one of my favorite movies was Time After Time… often confused with Christopher Reeves movie Somewhere In Time, Time After Time starred Malcolm McDowell as H.G. Wells who created the time machine only to see his friend Stevenson, played by David Warner, use it to escape the police as he was also Jack the Ripper. It was one of the earliest mash-up stories I ever came across and I thought it was brilliant.
Kevin Williamson must have been of a similar mind as he is bringing an adaptation of the Karl Alexander novel to television. Yes, this will be the sixth time-travel show on right now… but this one is a bit different at least in the initial premise. Men from the past going to the future and then its a man hunt. But will they stay in this time as the novel did or will making it into a series involve them time jumping around like all the other series? The extended trailer below seems focused on the now. But taking an idea that was good for a novel / film and extending it out as an on-going story will involved taking a lot of liberties. And looking at the cast listings, Freddie Stroma who plays Wells is only listed in 2 episodes and Josh Bowman who plays the Ripper is only in one.
Word is that the show is less about time travel, only doing so 4 times in the first season, and more about the adventures of Wells and the inspirations for his novels The Time Machine, The Invisible Man, The Island of Dr. Moreau and War of the Worlds.
The two hour premier of Time After Time is March 5th.
- Noah Hawley Tease’s Next Project As: ‘Doctor Doom’ - July 20, 2017
- Luke Cage’s Theo Rossi Talks The Role Of Shades - July 20, 2017
- Teaser Trailer For Voltron: Legendary Defender Season 3 Released - July 20, 2017
- Gail Simone Wants To Write Spider-Man With Nicola Scott, And More From Her SDCC Panel - July 20, 2017
- ‘Voltron: Legendary Defender’ Panel Premieres New Episode - July 20, 2017