Growing up, one of my favorite movies was Time After Time… often confused with Christopher Reeves movie Somewhere In Time, Time After Time starred Malcolm McDowell as H.G. Wells who created the time machine only to see his friend Stevenson, played by David Warner, use it to escape the police as he was also Jack the Ripper. It was one of the earliest mash-up stories I ever came across and I thought it was brilliant.
Kevin Williamson must have been of a similar mind as he is bringing an adaptation of the Karl Alexander novel to television. Yes, this will be the sixth time-travel show on right now… but this one is a bit different at least in the initial premise. Men from the past going to the future and then its a man hunt. But will they stay in this time as the novel did or will making it into a series involve them time jumping around like all the other series? The extended trailer below seems focused on the now. But taking an idea that was good for a novel / film and extending it out as an on-going story will involved taking a lot of liberties. And looking at the cast listings, Freddie Stroma who plays Wells is only listed in 2 episodes and Josh Bowman who plays the Ripper is only in one.
Word is that the show is less about time travel, only doing so 4 times in the first season, and more about the adventures of Wells and the inspirations for his novels The Time Machine, The Invisible Man, The Island of Dr. Moreau and War of the Worlds.
The two hour premier of Time After Time is March 5th.
- Chris Wood Wears a More Comic Book Accurate Mon-El Costume - January 16, 2018
- Fox Rushes to Renew Brand New Series 9-1-1 - January 16, 2018
- Reading the Fates with the Vampirella Tarot Card Deck - January 16, 2018
- Supergirl Returns with Legion of Super-Heroes at Her Side - January 16, 2018
- The Flash Season 4: Todd Helbing on Whether Joe West Will Cross the Line to Save Barry - January 16, 2018