George R. R. R. Martin, author of the A Song of Ice and Fire novels that were originally the basis of HBO’s hit Game of Thrones TV show, but which are now based on that show since it’s passed the books in telling the story, provided an update on The Winds of Winter, the eagerly anticipated penultimate book in the series that he’s never actually going to finish. Martin, who has very little free time in between all of the blog posts he writes about football and politics, managed to squeeze in a small update about the book in the comments of a post about the NFL playoffs and the Golden Globes Monday.
Not done yet, but I’ve made progress. But not as much as I hoped a year ago, when I thought to be done by now.
I think it will be out this year. (But hey, I thought the same thing last year).
So maybe, possibly, sometime this year, George R. R. R. R. R. Martin will finish The Winds of Winter, at which point we can all move on to complaining about the final book in the series, A Dream of Spring, never being finished. After that’s finally done, Marvel Comics, of which George is a big fan, will probably hire him to write their 2036 super-mega-crossover event, Crisis of Infinite Delays.
- Roman Reigns, Batman, And The Undertaker Unbox April’s Revenge-Themed Comic Bento Subscription Box - April 30, 2017
- Report: Debut Of Total Divas Stars Brie Bella And Daniel Bryan’s Baby Pushed Back One Week - April 30, 2017
- Report: Eccentric Former WWE Superstar Hulk Hogan Maintains Gigantic Collection Of Used Bandannas - April 29, 2017
- Kieron Gillen Works To Raise Voter Turnout… For Star Wars Action Figure Fan Poll Featuring Doctor Aphra - April 29, 2017
- Kate McKinnon/Mila Kunis Comedy The Spy Who Dumped Me To Take On Ant-Man And The Wasp In July 2018 - April 29, 2017