Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy 7 Remakee have almost become as elusive and mythical as they were before their announcements. Both only have small snippets of information floating around out there.
Well, thankfully that will likely change this year. Speaking toFamitsu (translated by Gematsu), Square Enix director Tetsuya Nomura explained that the games will show up at an unnammed event during 2017. He hinted:
Last year, I didn’t put out much information on either title, but this year I want to show our progress at an event somewhere. The release of the titles themselves have still have a way to go. But there are many titles releasing this year, if you can wait for any ‘surprises.
However, despite this, and despite Kingdom Hearts 3 being announced nearly four years ago, don’t expect it to be out anytime soon. Speaking on that game in particular, he said:
While I can’t make a sweeping statement because the development process is different from what we’ve done so far, there are still worlds untouched. Production is progressing on unannounced worlds, in a state that we cannot show them off. In terms of the state of development, there is still some way to go.
Alas, these games remain out our grasps. In theory, I would expect these to turn up at E3 in June. Or at least, let’s hope so eh?
- Oxenfree Developer’s Next Game Tasks You With Out Drinking the Devil - December 14, 2017
- The Paris Level of Hitman Is Going to Be Free to Try Over the Holidays - December 14, 2017
- Xbox Party Chat on Your Phone Will Soon Be Beta Tested - December 14, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands: Predator Event Starts Today and Brings Lots of In-Game Goodies - December 14, 2017
- Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus’s First Post-Launch DLC is Out Now - December 14, 2017