Mitch Jenkins is an acclaimed celebrity photographer and filmmaker. Of late he has become Alan Moore’s movie collaborator of choice, working on the Show Pieces and The Show films, as well as the illustrated Unearthing book and the burlesque photography for Dodgem Logic that so inspired the films.
His next project involves the art of cosplay and he is looking to film all sorts of superhero cosplayers in London, Los Angeles, San Diego and Las Vegas, both stills and co-directing video with Nigel Steer.
His aim is to take cosplay characters into everyday environments and creating various narratives.
He started the project shooting footage of a female Captain America (see film below) and both the classic and movie-look Harley Quinn (see above).
He will be on the west coast of the USA in the second week in February. But if you are interested, get in touch now. You could be in something like this, like Candy Valentina.
- Doing Alan Moore Justice – Pat Shand on Writing Crossed+100: Mimic - May 23, 2018
- A Comic Show: Black Panthers in Space… - May 23, 2018
- When Wyatt Cenac and Dean Haspiel Created Thorgood - May 23, 2018
- Welcome to the Latest Members of DC Comics’ Superman and Batman Families (Super Sons #16 Spoilers) - May 23, 2018
- OBLIV18N by Netflix Punisher’s Ken Kristensen in Scout Comics August 2018 Solicits - May 23, 2018