Mitch Jenkins is an acclaimed celebrity photographer and filmmaker. Of late he has become Alan Moore’s movie collaborator of choice, working on the Show Pieces and The Show films, as well as the illustrated Unearthing book and the burlesque photography for Dodgem Logic that so inspired the films.
His next project involves the art of cosplay and he is looking to film all sorts of superhero cosplayers in London, Los Angeles, San Diego and Las Vegas, both stills and co-directing video with Nigel Steer.
His aim is to take cosplay characters into everyday environments and creating various narratives.
He started the project shooting footage of a female Captain America (see film below) and both the classic and movie-look Harley Quinn (see above).
He will be on the west coast of the USA in the second week in February. But if you are interested, get in touch now. You could be in something like this, like Candy Valentina.
- Marvel’s One Per Store Variant Covers – Collect The Set? from Mighty Captain Marvel To Venom - January 17, 2017
- Dark Horse To Publish Omnibus Of Buffy Season 8 Written By Joss Whedon, Bryan K Vaughan, Drew Goddard And More - January 17, 2017
- Tessa Hulls’ Journey Into Her Family’s Past Uncovers The Life Of An Extraordinary Woman - January 17, 2017
- Where To Get Your Copy Of RESIST!, The Anti-Trump, Pro-Female Comic Published For The Inauguration - January 17, 2017
- John Layman And Sam Kieth Create Eleanor & The Egret From AfterShock Comics - January 17, 2017