Mitch Jenkins is an acclaimed celebrity photographer and filmmaker. Of late he has become Alan Moore’s movie collaborator of choice, working on the Show Pieces and The Show films, as well as the illustrated Unearthing book and the burlesque photography for Dodgem Logic that so inspired the films.
His next project involves the art of cosplay and he is looking to film all sorts of superhero cosplayers in London, Los Angeles, San Diego and Las Vegas, both stills and co-directing video with Nigel Steer.
His aim is to take cosplay characters into everyday environments and creating various narratives.
He started the project shooting footage of a female Captain America (see film below) and both the classic and movie-look Harley Quinn (see above).
He will be on the west coast of the USA in the second week in February. But if you are interested, get in touch now. You could be in something like this, like Candy Valentina.
- “When Their Sales Go Down, They Will Abandon You” – Run DMC’s Darryl McDaniels On Comic Book Publishing - April 26, 2017
- Venom #150, The First Of The Marvel Legacy Comics – And It Shows - April 26, 2017
- Will Neon Joe: Werewolf Hunter Return Next Month? DC Giving Away Another Free Comic… - April 26, 2017
- Three Teases For 2017 And 2018 From Valiant In Their Free Comic Book Day Title #meh - April 26, 2017
- Valiant’s X-O Manowar #2 Sends New Characters To War - April 26, 2017