Mitch Jenkins is an acclaimed celebrity photographer and filmmaker. Of late he has become Alan Moore’s movie collaborator of choice, working on the Show Pieces and The Show films, as well as the illustrated Unearthing book and the burlesque photography for Dodgem Logic that so inspired the films.
His next project involves the art of cosplay and he is looking to film all sorts of superhero cosplayers in London, Los Angeles, San Diego and Las Vegas, both stills and co-directing video with Nigel Steer.
His aim is to take cosplay characters into everyday environments and creating various narratives.
He started the project shooting footage of a female Captain America (see film below) and both the classic and movie-look Harley Quinn (see above).
He will be on the west coast of the USA in the second week in February. But if you are interested, get in touch now. You could be in something like this, like Candy Valentina.
- John Tyler Christopher Switches From Action Figure To Trading Card Covers – And Jim Lee’s Astonishing X-Men 1:1000 Variant Revealed - June 22, 2017
- Marvel Promises Marvel Legacy Will Affect Every Hero, Every Title, Every Story, Announced Tomorrow - June 22, 2017
- Dave Sim Does Superman For Aardvark Comics #1 - June 22, 2017
- Gendercrunching April 2017 – Marvel Comics, DC, Image, Dark Horse And IDW - June 22, 2017
- Expect A “Return To Planet Hulk” With Marvel Legacy - June 22, 2017