Every so often, comic book publishers send out previews of upcoming comics without any of the lettering finished. The result, while pretty to look at, leaves readers wondering just what the hell is going on in those pages. Well, wonder no more.
Here at Bleeding Cool, we have combined decades of experience in reading comic books, so we can tell what’s happening, even without the words. Using that knowledge, we’ve lettered these previews ourselves, using our best guess at what the dialog should actually be. We can’t guarantee 100% accuracy- in fact, our accuracy may be much lower than that – but we can guarantee that it’s better than looking at a bunch of unfinished pages.
In this issue of Improbable Previews, Marvel travels to a galaxy far, far away looking for ideas for their next super-mega-crossover event. Will they find what they’re looking for? Or can they just coast by on sales of Star Wars comics and overshipping the rest of their books to spike the numbers? You’ll have to find out when Star Wars #28, from Jason Aaron and Salvador Larroca, hits stores on February 1. Until then, here’s a four page preview.
- Carnage Set for Return in Web of Venom: Carnage Born - August 15, 2018
- Senators Elizabeth Warren and Brian Schatz Demand Investigation Into Marvel’s Ike Perlmutter, “Mar-a-Lago Cronies” Over VA Influence - August 15, 2018
- DC to Make Waves with Justice League/Aquaman Drowned Earth Crossover in November - August 15, 2018
- Randy Orton Appears on WWE SmackDown Live Despite Company Investigating Sexual Harassment Allegations - August 15, 2018
- LA Comic Con and Women’s Wrestling Organization WOW Team Up for AXS TV Taping in October - August 15, 2018