Every so often, comic book publishers send out previews of upcoming comics without any of the lettering finished. The result, while pretty to look at, leaves readers wondering just what the hell is going on in those pages. Well, wonder no more.
Here at Bleeding Cool, we have combined decades of experience in reading comic books, so we can tell what’s happening, even without the words. Using that knowledge, we’ve lettered these previews ourselves, using our best guess at what the dialog should actually be. We can’t guarantee 100% accuracy- in fact, our accuracy may be much lower than that – but we can guarantee that it’s better than looking at a bunch of unfinished pages.
In this issue of Improbable Previews, Marvel travels to a galaxy far, far away looking for ideas for their next super-mega-crossover event. Will they find what they’re looking for? Or can they just coast by on sales of Star Wars comics and overshipping the rest of their books to spike the numbers? You’ll have to find out when Star Wars #28, from Jason Aaron and Salvador Larroca, hits stores on February 1. Until then, here’s a four page preview.
- Lois Lane Accused of Canoodling Lex Luthor in Action Comics #1004 Preview - October 22, 2018
- Oni Press Plans Super Fun Sexy Times with Ghost Hog, Dream Daddy, and More Next Summer - October 22, 2018
- Marvel’s Hip Hop Variants to Appear on Actual Hip Hop Albums - October 22, 2018
- Mark Brooks Stands Up for Breasts and Feet on Uncanny X-Men #1 Variants - October 22, 2018
- Marvel Comics Presents: The Time Incredible Hulk Beat the Crap Out of Hulk Hogan - October 21, 2018