After nearly becoming a White Martian, which oddly sounds like an alcoholic beverage, what will the relationship between J’onn J’onzz and M’gann M’orzz be like on Supergirl? Turns out that maybe J’onn has had his eyes opened up a bit and there may just be a love connection there. Executive producer Andrew Kreisberg told EW.com:
His relationship with M’gann is an important one over this next batch of episodes. There is some really great stuff for David [Harewood] and Sharon [Leal] that we are really excited about. We love Sharon’s performance and we love seeing David and Sharon together, it’s some of our favorite stuff this season. We’ve been really lucky with our romantic pairings this season and we really think that J’onn and M’gann have a great storyline coming up.
In the TV series, M’gann is played by 44-year old Leal opposite of 51-year old Harewood which seems perfectly natural. But in the comics, M’gann is skewed younger. I’m not sure if her age is given, but she is part of the Teen Titans and has come across as more of a little sister to J’onn rather than a potential love interest. It will be interesting to see how fans will react to the difference in relationship dynamics.
- Supergirl Season 3, Episode 23 Recap: Battles Lost and Won - June 18, 2018
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 1, Episode 8 Recap: Blowin’ Up the Spot - June 18, 2018
- Exclusive: J.M. DeMatteis and Mike Cavallero Bring ‘Impossible, Incorporated’ to IDW - June 18, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: The Final Battle of Supergirl vs. Reign - June 18, 2018
- Addressing Those Flash Season 5 Rumors - June 18, 2018