J.A. Bayona is on fire right now. Coming off A Monster Calls hot and taking on Jurassic World 2 next, the director’s star is rising very quickly.
It seems the world of Jurassic World isn’t the only big movie franchise on his radar though. In a reddit AMA, Bayona revealed he is a big Superman fan and he would love to direct a movie with the character one day. When asked about a dream project, he said:
The first movie I saw in my life was Superman. I was three years old. The first memory I had was Christopher Reeve flying in the suit. Directing a Superman film would be great. I always wanted to be Superman. That’s the film that made me want to become a director.
If Jurassic World 2 turns out well, I can see Warner Brothers knocking on Bayona’s door for a Man of Steel if Zack Snyder walks away. Hell, I could see them doing it even if Jurassic World 2 doesn’t turn out great.
- Blizzard Creates Animation of Zenyatta Walking After Fan Request, and It’s the Best - February 23, 2018
- Ryan Coogler Has Been Playing A Lot Of Stardew Valley On Nintendo Switch - February 23, 2018
- Overwatch League Spotlight: Houston Outlaws vs London Spitfire - February 23, 2018
- Crytek’s Hunt: Showdown Gets New Trailer as it Hits Early Access - February 23, 2018
- Metal Gear Survive Charges Money For a New Save Slot - February 23, 2018