If you enjoyed Si Spurrier’s Negan Cosplay from Thought Bubble last year, you might be interested in the latest variant cover for an upcoming issue of The Walking Dead. In stores on February 1, the comic will feature a variant cover by Charlie Adlard and Dave Stewart (or, as Rich likes to call him, Cameron Stewart). The cover features Rick, dressed up in Negan’s clothes and carrying his trademark baseball bat, Lucille. Is Rick a creep who likes to dress up as Negan for sexual gratification? Will the new Walking Dead story arc feature the gang going to a comic convention and entering a cosplay contest? Maybe the variant has nothing to do with what’s inside the comic at all? Who knows!
We do know that there will be an additional variant, exactly like the first one, but with no colors. Final order cutoff is January 9th, so try and hang in there for a few more days, retailers. Help is on the way.
Take a look below:
- ‘Death’ Artist Chris Bachalo Draws Sandman for Marvel in August - May 22, 2018
- Mike Norton’s Anti-Trump Webcomic Lil’ Donnie Collected at Image in August - May 22, 2018
- New Wolverine #1 Confirmed for September at Marvel - May 22, 2018
- Marvel’s Fantastic Four Relaunch by the Numbers - May 22, 2018
- Howard Chaykin Lampoons the Sordid History of Comics in New Image Series This August - May 22, 2018