Earlier today, Bleeding Cool Rumormonger-in-Chief Rich Johnston went off to the pub to hang out with comics industry insiders, but is one of them a secret double agent, feeding information on Rich’s movements to Marvel so they can time announcements to avoid his notorious scoops and spoilers? We have to assume that’s the case, because while Rich is unsuspectingly downing pints right now with his bestie Kieron Gillen, Newsarama’s George R. R. Marston has scored the announcement of a new Nick Fury series from the creative team of James Robinson and ACO!
The comic will feature single issue stories, according to Newsarama’s interview with Robinson, rather than writing for the trade. However, Robinson did touch on an overarching theme for the book:
If there is an overarching thing to this series, it’s the idea of Fury just beginning to feel comfortable stepping into the shoes of his father. The other thing we’ll see going from issue to issue is Fury’s game of wits and skills with a new character – Frankie Noble, Agent of Hydra, who is very much the opposite number to Fury in all ways. Though Robinson said Fury’s dad’s “long shadow” would be evident in the comic, the senior Fury would not make an appearance, at least for the first six issues.
But enough of our babbling. Check out this amazing psychedelic art from ACO:
And Rich… be careful out there. BETRAYAL is afoot!
- In Next Week’s Web of Venom: Carnage Born #1, Hell is Children in Cages - November 17, 2018
- When a Dying Cop Gives the Punisher his Gun in Next Week’s Punisher #4 - November 17, 2018
- Is Next Week’s Weapon X #26, Hell is a Free Market Healthcare System - November 16, 2018
- A Storm is Coming in Next Week’s Shuri #2 - November 16, 2018
- Does Quentin Quire Have 2nd Thoughts About Saving Jubilee? Next Week’s West Coast Avengers #4 - November 16, 2018