Bleeding Cool previously reported on Image’s plans to include the characters of several Image founders and Robert Kirkman in Shutter #25 to celebrate the publisher’s 25th anniversary, and we also took a time machine back from the year 2041 to report how no issue of Shutter had been published since then due to the same issues that plagued the last comic to try to being the Image founders together, Image United. We also know that Image is celebrating their 1990s roots by sending February’s Skybound comics — Walking Dead, Invincible, and Outcast — directly to quarter bins by pricing them at 25 cents from the outset. Now, thanks to a press release from Image, we’ve learned that the company plans to celebrate its roots in the most Image founders way possible – with variant covers!
Each month of the anniversary year will boast a special theme for the variants, beginning with the Wednesday, February 1st—the exact date of Image Comics’ founding in 1992.
February’s theme is: “Homage covers celebrating Past, Present, Future” with variants paying tribute to popular series throughout the company’s history.
Image even shared the first one, the variant cover to Rick Remender and Wes Craig’s Deadly Class #26 by Eric Canete and Jordan Boyd, paying homage to Marc Silvestri’s Cyber Force! Check it out below:
- Ahead of Ultimate Deletion, Matt Hardy Seeks Advice from Giraffe to Defeat Bray Wyatt - March 17, 2018
- Nikki Bella vs Ronda Rousey at WrestleMania 35? One Superstar Likes the Idea (and It’s Nikki Bella) - March 17, 2018
- Roman Reigns Defeats Steroid Scandal to Earn Title Shot at WrestleMania - March 17, 2018
- Joe Quesada Draws 3 Versions of Daredevil for Daredevil #600 Retailer Exclusive Variants - March 17, 2018
- Former WWE Superstar Grandmaster Sexay Badly Beaten in Hotel Room Brawl with Chase Stevens - March 17, 2018