Bleeding Cool previously reported on Image’s plans to include the characters of several Image founders and Robert Kirkman in Shutter #25 to celebrate the publisher’s 25th anniversary, and we also took a time machine back from the year 2041 to report how no issue of Shutter had been published since then due to the same issues that plagued the last comic to try to being the Image founders together, Image United. We also know that Image is celebrating their 1990s roots by sending February’s Skybound comics — Walking Dead, Invincible, and Outcast — directly to quarter bins by pricing them at 25 cents from the outset. Now, thanks to a press release from Image, we’ve learned that the company plans to celebrate its roots in the most Image founders way possible – with variant covers!
Each month of the anniversary year will boast a special theme for the variants, beginning with the Wednesday, February 1st—the exact date of Image Comics’ founding in 1992.
February’s theme is: “Homage covers celebrating Past, Present, Future” with variants paying tribute to popular series throughout the company’s history.
Image even shared the first one, the variant cover to Rick Remender and Wes Craig’s Deadly Class #26 by Eric Canete and Jordan Boyd, paying homage to Marc Silvestri’s Cyber Force! Check it out below:
- X-ual Healing: Peak Liefeld Era in Cable #158 - June 23, 2018
- X-ual Healing: The Ol’ Switcheroo in X-Men Gold #30 - June 23, 2018
- Since When Do Psycho Chicks Read Comics? A Pre-Order Preview of Betty & Veronica: Vixens #8 - June 23, 2018
- Snyder Cut: Justice League’s Wonder Woman Was a Lot More Like Man of Steel’s Superman - June 23, 2018
- Guardians of the Galaxy Director Says Donald Trump is Close to Breaking an All-Time Record - June 23, 2018