You might have seen leaked footage or trailers from the original incarnation of NBC’s DC Comics sitcom, Powerless, the pilot episode of which was aired at San Diego Comic Con. But forget about that. The show has recently been revamped, and now there’s a new, OFFICIAL teaser trailer for the show.
— Powerless (@NBCPowerless) January 5, 2017
Powerless debuts on February 2. Here’s the official synopsis, quite the change from the original concept of a DCU insurance company dealing with the fallout of superhero battles:
In a world where humanity must cope with the collateral damage of Super Heroes and Super-Villains, Emily Locke (Vanessa Hudgens) begins her first day as Director of Research & Development for Wayne Security, a subsidiary of Wayne Enterprises that specializes in products that make defenseless bystanders feel a little safer. Full of confidence and big ideas, Emily quickly learns that her expectations far exceed those of her new boss (Alan Tudyk) and officemates, so it will be up to her to lead the team toward their full potential and the realization that you don’t need superpowers to be a hero.
- Terry Goodkind Apologizes to Artist After Trashing Cover to Own Book - February 25, 2018
- Improbable Previews: Archie Comics Are Darker Than We Remember in Archie #29 - February 24, 2018
- Long Beach Mayor Sneaks DC Comics Easter Egg into City’s New Civic Center - February 24, 2018
- Mark Millar Says DC Movies Fail Because the Characters Aren’t “Cinematic” - February 24, 2018
- In New Mini-Comic, Jughead Shows Archie How to Pre-Order Archie #29 Before FOC - February 24, 2018