You might have seen leaked footage or trailers from the original incarnation of NBC’s DC Comics sitcom, Powerless, the pilot episode of which was aired at San Diego Comic Con. But forget about that. The show has recently been revamped, and now there’s a new, OFFICIAL teaser trailer for the show.
— Powerless (@NBCPowerless) January 5, 2017
Powerless debuts on February 2. Here’s the official synopsis, quite the change from the original concept of a DCU insurance company dealing with the fallout of superhero battles:
In a world where humanity must cope with the collateral damage of Super Heroes and Super-Villains, Emily Locke (Vanessa Hudgens) begins her first day as Director of Research & Development for Wayne Security, a subsidiary of Wayne Enterprises that specializes in products that make defenseless bystanders feel a little safer. Full of confidence and big ideas, Emily quickly learns that her expectations far exceed those of her new boss (Alan Tudyk) and officemates, so it will be up to her to lead the team toward their full potential and the realization that you don’t need superpowers to be a hero.
- ‘Death’ Artist Chris Bachalo Draws Sandman for Marvel in August - May 22, 2018
- Mike Norton’s Anti-Trump Webcomic Lil’ Donnie Collected at Image in August - May 22, 2018
- New Wolverine #1 Confirmed for September at Marvel - May 22, 2018
- Marvel’s Fantastic Four Relaunch by the Numbers - May 22, 2018
- Howard Chaykin Lampoons the Sordid History of Comics in New Image Series This August - May 22, 2018