Well someone who is dissenting from his right to call himself Gotham Lane is Warner Bros and DC Comics, who publish and distribute the Batman comics, games, films, TV shows, toys, paper napkins, lunch boxes and novelty nodding car dashboard ornaments.
And while the origins of the name Gotham predate Batman considerably, first used by Washington Irving in his periodical magazine Salmagundi back in 1807, Warners are doing their best to keep control…
Megan L. Martin of Warners has received an extension to challenge Woody Lewis’ trademark application until April.
DC and Warners are also opposing Gotham Standard, a line of socks and tights, Gotham City Garage from Cenntro Automotive and hoodie manufacturer Sons Of Gotham.
- Matt Brady Returns to Comics, and Somehow Bleeding Cool Has the Scoop - August 16, 2018
- Warren Ellis’s Only Convention Appearance in 2018 Will Be at Thought Bubble – But No, He Won’t Sign That - August 16, 2018
- The Bad of Fan Expo Boston 2018 – and Fan Expo’s Response - August 16, 2018
- Extermination #1 Second Printing Runs Final Page Spoiler on the Cover - August 16, 2018
- Exclusive: Trailer for Stan Lee’s Work Force #2 - August 16, 2018