Well someone who is dissenting from his right to call himself Gotham Lane is Warner Bros and DC Comics, who publish and distribute the Batman comics, games, films, TV shows, toys, paper napkins, lunch boxes and novelty nodding car dashboard ornaments.
And while the origins of the name Gotham predate Batman considerably, first used by Washington Irving in his periodical magazine Salmagundi back in 1807, Warners are doing their best to keep control…
Megan L. Martin of Warners has received an extension to challenge Woody Lewis’ trademark application until April.
DC and Warners are also opposing Gotham Standard, a line of socks and tights, Gotham City Garage from Cenntro Automotive and hoodie manufacturer Sons Of Gotham.
- A Comic Con with Only Comic Talent in a Mall for Free? Why Not? - February 25, 2018
- Yes, Comics Can Break Your Heart… but They Can Mend It, Too - February 25, 2018
- Trekker: Thirty Years and Counting on the Trail with Mercy St. Clair - February 25, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 25th February 2018 – Superman Readers Disturbed About Bendis - February 25, 2018
- The Art of Making Money and the Dark Side of Graphic Design - February 25, 2018