President and CCO of DC Entertainment, Geoff Johns wrote the DC Rebirth Special last year – and introduced the words of Ozymandias and Dr Manhattan into the DC Universe. And since then, Flash, Titans, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics and Batman have continued to tease the involvement of Watchmen in the Rebirthed DC Universe, with Dr Manhattan blamed for stealing time, for the creation of the New 52 DC Universe, while Ozymandias is blamed for stealing Doomsday and Red Robin while messing with the life of Superman, Clark Kent, Lois Lane and more.
We knew this was to be a two year storyline and would reach a conclusion in 2018. But we also know there have been promises and teases of a new Justice Society Of America comic tied into all this. Back in Bleeding Cool’s earlier Rebirth rumours, the majority of which have come to fruition, we said that a new series would see the JSA brought forward from the past to the present, young, and that everyone had forgotten they existed.
Anyway. As the West Coast celebrated New Year’s Eve and the arrival of 2017, Geoff Johns tweeted that he would be writing comics again for DC this year, with a very specific image.
And 1) Writing comics again… stay tuned! Happy New Year!!! pic.twitter.com/zUvs4NIXhM
— Geoff Johns (@geoffjohns) January 1, 2017
He may be writing from Burbank, California now but his stories will be made in Manhattan…
Watchmen 2? JSA?
- Yes, Comics Can Break Your Heart… but They Can Mend It, Too - February 25, 2018
- Trekker: Thirty Years and Counting on the Trail with Mercy St. Clair - February 25, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 25th February 2018 – Superman Readers Disturbed About Bendis - February 25, 2018
- The Art of Making Money and the Dark Side of Graphic Design - February 25, 2018
- Michael B. Jordan Really Wanted to Play T’Challa in Black Panther - February 24, 2018