It’s with a very heavy heart here that we have to report that Carrie Fisher passed away this morning. She has suffered cardiac arrest while flying from London to Los Angeles on December 23rd and was rushed to the hospital. Simon Halls, a spokesman for the family, put out this statement:
It is with a very deep sadness that Billie Lourd confirms that her beloved mother Carrie Fisher passed away at 8:55 this morning. She was loved by the world and she will be missed profoundly. Our entire family thanks you for your thoughts and prayers.
The daughter of Eddie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds, Carrie Fisher was most famously known for her portrayal of Princess Leia in the Star Wars movies. She had made her acting debut in the 1975 film Shampoo. She would also appear in The Blues Brothers, The Man with One Red Show, Hannah and Her Sisters and When Harry Met Sally. She wrote about her life in the semi-autobiographical novel Postcards from the Edge which was turned into a film starring Meryl Streep.
Her later career focused on her writing with novels Surrender the Pink and Delusions of Grandma. She was also known to have helped craft films like The Wedding Singer, Hook and Sister Act though she was uncredited.
She returned to the Star Wars franchise in 2015 for The Force Awakens.
She is survived by her mother Debbie, her daughter Billie and her French Bulldog Gary who she adored.
- Art Baltazar And Franco Step Into The DC Comics Art Academy - August 22, 2017
- Arrow’s Michael Rowe Stars In Punk Rock Driven Indie Film, Crown And Anchor’ - August 22, 2017
- Michael Bolton Makes A Retro Game Of Thrones Theme Song - August 22, 2017
- Exclusive Preview As Stan Sakai Returns With Usagi Yojimbo #161 - August 22, 2017
- Exclusive Extended Previews – Bettie Page, Game Of Thrones And More - August 22, 2017