Every so often, comic book publishers send out previews of upcoming comics without any of the lettering finished. The result, while pretty to look at, leaves readers wondering just what the hell is going on in those pages. Well, wonder no more.
Here at Bleeding Cool, we have combined decades of experience in reading comic books, so we can tell what’s happening, even without the words. Using that knowledge, we’ve lettered these previews ourselves, using our best guess at what the dialog should actually be. We can’t guarantee 100% accuracy- in fact, our accuracy may be much lower than that – but we can guarantee that it’s better than looking at a bunch of unfinished pages.
In this issue of Improbable Previews, we’ve got some unlettered preview pages from All-New X-Men #17, by Dennis Hopeless, Mark Bagley, Andrew Hennessy, and Nolan Woodard, pilfered from CBR’s dumb X-Position column. The comic was originally meant to be an Inhumans vs. X-Men tie-in, but just like everyone else right now, all anyone wants to talk about are the Civil War 2 #8 spoilers just posted on Bleeding Cool! What do our young X-Men think about the spoilers? Find out below!
- Untold Tales of Spidey’s Early Black Suit Days in Saladin Ahmed and Garry Brown’s Amazing Spider-Man Annual #1 - June 19, 2018
- Marvel Knights Celebrates 20 Years with 15 ‘True Believers’ $1 Comics in September - June 19, 2018
- ROH Says WWE Blocked Their Madison Square Garden Debut - June 19, 2018
- Marvel’s Mutant X Returns to Print with a Complete Collection… Sort of… in September - June 19, 2018
- Big Cass Released by WWE, Not Wished Well in Future Endeavors - June 19, 2018