The shortlist for Best Makeup and Hairstyling at the 89th Oscars has been released by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences and it features a few genre films. Deadpool, Suicide Squad and Star Trek Beyond will be up against The Dressmaker, Florence Foster Jenkins, Hail, Caesar! and A Man Called Ove for the gold statue. Members of the academy will be invited to view 10-minute excerpts of the films on January 7th and then the list will be narrowed down to 3 for final consideration.
I can’t even imagine what Ryan Reynolds would do to an Oscar statue as Deadpool.
It’s similar for the Visual Effects category that currently has twenty potential films includes. Alice through the Looking Glass, Arrival, The BFG, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America: Civil War, Deadpool, Deepwater Horizon, Doctor Strange, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Independence Day: Resurgence, The Jungle Book, Kubo and the Two Strings, Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, Passengers, Rogue One, Star Trek Beyond, Suicide Squad, Sully, Warcraft, and X-Men: Apocalypse. This list is expected to be trimmed in at least half before the final nominations are made on January 24th.
The trophy ceremony is set for for February 26 at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018