It’s still several months before Starz let viewer get their next Outlander fix with season 3 expected to begin on April 1st (no, it’s not an April Fool’s joke, the other seasons have aired around the same time), with the back half of the season expected in the late Fall. However in the meantime EW has gotten ahold of a photo of Claire (Caitriona Balfe) first introducing Brianna to Frank (Tobias Menzies).
While Starz is taking their own sweet time in production, at least we’ve known since early this year that they had renewed the series through season 4, which will take the story though the times of books Voyager and Drums of Autumn. The upcoming season description from Starz keeps too much of the romance novel vibe with which the books too often get lumped in (author Diana Gabaldon herself wrote the books as an experiment in historical fiction):
The third season of Outlander picks up right after Claire travels through the stones to return to her life in 1948. Now pregnant, she struggles with the fallout of her sudden reappearance and its effect on her marriage to her first husband, Frank. Meanwhile, in the 18th century, Jamie suffers from the aftermath of his doomed last stand at the historic battle of Culloden, as well as the loss of Claire. As the years pass, Jamie and Claire attempt to make a life apart from one another, each haunted by the memory of their lost love. The possibility that Claire can return to Jamie in the past breathes new hope into Claire’s quest…. Separated by continents and centuries, Claire and Jamie must find their way back to each other.
- [Review] Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom- Better Than Predecessor Film - June 21, 2018
- Incredibles 2 Review: 14 Years Later and Feeling Just as Fresh - June 15, 2018
- ‘Hotel Artemis’ Review: An Epic Cast Trapped in a Mediocre Script - June 8, 2018
- Exclusive Clip from Affairs of State: This is Insane! - June 8, 2018
- Phoenix Comic Fest Convention Center Evacuated in Response to Fire Alarm - May 26, 2018